The Heartbreak

With each passing second my temper rose but I couldn't see him anywhere near, he was already half an hour late and if he took any longer I was going to lose it.

"Sorry," someone whispered near my ear and I instantly knew it was him. No one else could dare to come this close to me without permission.

I got up from the cafeteria seat I was occupying and started to make my way out of the small place of our school. There were not many people around and most of them were my friends. Such a quick person he was, he took ahold of my wrist and made me stood facing him. I tried avoid looking at his face, in his eyes particularly because even when I was mad, his eyes had something about them which melted me down, no matter how hard I tried to resist it.

"Look at me," his voice was low and calm.

"What do you want Karan?" I tried to keep my voice as stern as possible.

"You!" He stated, as if it was a fact.

"Well, you're too late for that," I got rid of his grip around my wrist and started to walk away.

"Hey, I said I'm sorry. This is the last time this happened, I promise you that!" I could hear his convincing words in the background but didn't stop to listen any more excuses.

Meanwhile, my friends who were around watched the show, giving him sympathetic smiles and a look to me that said 'forgive-this-good-looking-guy-now'. If only they knew how much this good looking guy troubled me.

Without wasting any time I got out in the hall where there was no one. Karan might have fastened his pace with me because I could sense him walking nearer.

"Just wait for one fucking minute Tanvi, at least listen to me!" He almost shouted this time and that made me stop dead in my tracks.

Oh no, he didn't just do that! I wasn't scared rather I was fuming now, how could he use that tone with me after being late himself?

"What the hell Karan? What do you expect me to do when my boyfriend is half an hour late for a date we've been planning to go at since last month?" I screamed at him, not caring if people could hear us.

"Heyy, calm down baby. I'm really sorry," his voice was immediately softened as he took a cautious step towards me and I didn't attempt to move this time. He kept coming close until their was any distance between us.

With every second that his eyes poured down in mine I could feel my anger melting down.

"I'm sorry babe, I don't want to give any explanations as to why I got late but I promise this wouldn't happen next time."

I just nodded because like always I couldn't be mad at this guy for more than ten minutes. The hall was empty and taking the advantage Karan wrapped his arms around me and placed a peck on my forehead.

"Tanvi, for god's sake wake up now!" I heard someone's yelling and it took me a minute to recognise that it was my mother's voice.

What the hell did just happen?

Where did Karan go and exactly was I doing with him in the first place?

Questions started to form in my mind when I realised something bitter.

It was a fucking dream.

×-×

-

VOTE AND COMMENT.