Chapter 13

Ian

Ian

He was leaning against the brick wall of the literature hall building waiting for Effy, as per Etzils orders. The girl was just too damn wild and he was stuck on babysitting duty.

Inhaling the smoke from his cigarette he pondered the eventful day he had had.
But his mind was more enraptured with the evening he had as well.

Ian stood in the corner of Etzils office, watching his brothers work.
Ever since Axel's mystery girl had ran out on him, he's been more irritable than usual.
While Felix had just about been picking up his phone every two seconds instead of going through the files infront of him.

And Etzil, after the whole excursion at the cafe Etzil has been on edge himself.

Ian couldnt help but wonder if it was because the girl had gotten off scot clean or perhaps if it was something else.

About around 7 that night Axel left, soon followed by Felix. Before Ian could skip out, Etzil had asked, more like ordered him to go fetch Effy.

Apparently the girl was fooling around with a professor.

And so there he was, silently and patiently waiting for the ginger haired girl.

His eyes roamed the empty campus grounds, it was some time after 3 so the entire campus was barefit students.
Taking another drag from his cigarette, movement far into the distance caught his eye.
With the minimal lightening and distance, he couldnt be sure just who it was. But he watched them walk across the large quad, unaware of his gaze.

Who is even up walking around at this time , he thought to himself.
Well besides himself.

Before his thought could run away with him, the heavy metal doors of the literature hall clanged open, the sound deafening in the early morning darkness.

Effy didnt spare a glace upward from her phone as she walked out. Typing away, her hair a mess and her clothes a bit wrinkled.

Ian watched as she kept on going, he silently followed her home to her dorm. Only when she reached her building di she look up.

Turning around to face Ian, " Night Ian, " she waved before she headed in.

She always knew when Etzil sent one of them to watch her, but she barely or rarely acknowledges them.

With a shake of his head, and Effy now safe inside her dorm building, Ian spun on his heel wad ready to make his way to his bike, then home to his bed.

Movement to his left caught his eye.
Once again he watched, much closer now as a girl walked across the quad, she came from the direction of the single unit dorms and was heading for the parking lot.

She would have to walk right past him to reach.

As she drew closer, Ian just stood still watching the girl.

Now with them help of building and street lights he could make out her appearance.

She wore black pants and a white sweater, her dark hair, a curly mess atop her head.

She brushed past him, not even sparing him a glance, she seemed to be in her own world and he knew that she had no idea he was even there.

Something about the girl seemed almost familiar o him, as if he had seen her before but couldn't place where.

He watched her wander into the lot before disappearing into the sea of cars.

With a shake of his head, h made his way towards the lot as well before locating his bike.
Once on he started it up and put on his helmet.

It took Ian 5 or so minutes to get to the house he shared with his brothers off campus.

Ian dropped into bed, and sleep took him immediately.