6. Jake's Aprtment

I was a little shocked when we enter Jake's apartment, but maybe that's just because I wasn't used to going to other people's places other than my families. My family was very wealthy, though sometimes I wish they weren't. I think it gives them an attitude. Jake seems to know exactly what I'm thinking.
"I know it's not what you're used to..."
I smile. "It's fine, sometimes I think living in a big house just makes things feel lonelier."

Suddenly, my phone starts ringing. I jump as the loud ringer cuts through the silence. It's my dad. I go to answer it, but Jake grabs it from me.
"Hey! I need to answer that, it might be important."
Jake rolls his eyes. "Just ignore it, relax a little."
"Please just give it to me!"
"But-"
"No buts!"
Jake laughs. "No buts - title of your sex tape!"
"Jake!" The phone stops ringing and I sigh.
"Relax, he thinks you have an emergency at work." My phone pings. "My mistake, he does not think you're at work."
"What?!" I go to grab my phone but Jake holds it out of my reach. I stand on my tiptoes but I still can't reach. "Please just give it to me."
"What? You think you can just make those adorable puppy dog eyes and I'll just give it to you?" He laughs awkwardly.
I hadn't mentioned... Hang on a minute... I look up at him and make the best puppy dog eyes I can manage.
He stares back for a moment. "Gah! You got me. Here, but I was doing it for your own good!"
He passes my phone back  and I check the message from my dad reading it aloud: "I checked with Holt, there was no emergency. Get back home now." I grimace. "Great, now my dad AND captain Holt think I'm a liar. Wait, I am I liar, I lied Jake!"
He bursts out laughing. "What, you never told a lie before?"
"Never to get out of a restaurant, and not about work either! I can't believe he called Holt!"

I turn my phone off so it can't bother me anymore. I pace the apartment for a while before sitting down. "Hey would you mind if I took a shower?"
"Sure, there should be clean towels in the bathroom and you can just wear whatever you can find."
I smile gratefully. "Thanks."

The shower took longer than I expected. It's very difficult to remove makeup without proper remover, I had to practically scrub my face. I'd tied my hair up in a bun so it didn't get wet, it'd take forever to dry and I was already exhausted even though it was only midnight. Once I'm done, I dry myself off with a towel and go into the bedroom. I find a plain white t-shirt, and it's so big it's practically a dress on me, much more comfortable than what I was wearing before though.

I let my hair back down and go back to the living room. I sit next to Jake on the sofa and pull my feet under me.
Jake turns to looks at me. "Feeling better?"
"Yeah." I smile.
"Good, you can stay as long as you need, you know."
"That's kind of you, but I don't have any of my stuff, and it's not like I can even sneak back and get it." I laugh.
"You can get new stuff, I guarantee you don't even like half of yours."
I sigh. "I guess my mum did buy most of the clothes, I barely even wear any of them."

I look at the TV and notice it's a horror film. "How do people even watch horror films?!" I grimace as blood splatters everywhere.
Jake grins. "Like they watch anything else?"
I shake my head. Jake bursts out laughing when I almost jump out of my skin and cover my eyes. "Whyyyy Jake?!"
He laughs more. "Come here."
I shuffle over, keeping my hands over my eyes as he wraps an arm around me and I bury my face in his shoulder, I can feel he's shaking with laughter.

The film finishes a short while later. I lift my head to look at Jake. He starts laughing again. "Oh you bully!" I frown.
"Aww come on, it's funny!" He grins. I frown more and rest my head on his shoulder, before I know it I've fallen asleep.

The next morning I wake up confused. Why wasn't I at home in my own bed? Then all of yesterday's memories come flooding back and I realise I'm in Jake's bed, he must have moved me after I'd fallen asleep on the sofa. It was 7AM. If I didn't get up now, I'd be late for work. I get up and look in the mirror. I looked awful so I went into the bathroom to splash some water on my face and run my fingers through my hair, it'd have to do. I rummage through the wardrobe looking for something suitable for work. A black t-shirt was the best I could find, I add a belt too, to make it look a bit more professional.

I stroll into the living room. "Jake?"
"I didn't think you'd be up yet, Y/N."
"We'll be late for work!"
"I wasn't sure you'd be coming in today, you looked exhausted."
I sigh. "You should have woken me."
"Do you want something to eat?"
I shake my head. "No, I'm not hungry, but thanks."
He looks over at me, I can tell he's concerned. "You don't look well, you had a tough day yesterday."
"I'm fine, honestly, I just want to go and do my paperwork."
He chuckles. "Well, you sound fine."
I smile reassuringly. "I'm fine, stop worrying! We should go." Jake nods and tosses me a jacket, I put it on and zip it up.

I follow Jake outside and get in his car. I lean my head against the window and accidently fall asleep.