13. Kidnapped

I wake up in a dark room. I have tape across my mouth. My wrists are bound behind my back and my ankles are tied together. My head hurt and everything was hazy.
"Ah, you're awake." I look around the room. I didn't recognize the voice, it was a man. Suddenly a bright light is shone in my face. I turn my face to the side. The man grabs my chin and pulls my face so I have to look at him as he rips the tape off my mouth. "You know people will be looking for me, right? You're making a big mistake."
"Shut up!" He kicks me in the face.
I wince as I fall backwards. "Who are you?"
"Oh as if I'm going to tell you."
"Ok... What do you want from me?"
The man laughs. "First you're going to suffer, then you're going to die." He looks familiar but I can't think why. Wait... The thief I arrested from my first case?
"I know who you are! I arrested you about six months ago! How did you know where I'd be?"
He sighs. "I guess I can tell you, you're gonna die anyway. I work for Ella, I wanted revenge, she couldn't be seen taking you." He leaves the room.
"What?!"

Ella walks in with a smug smile on her face. "You think you're so perfect huh? And you think people care enough to look for you?" She laughs.
"Of course they will!
She walks over to me and slaps me across the face. "Don't be stupid and shut up!"
I wince and nod. I was glad my phone was in my back pocket, Jake had my find my phone password so he should be able to find me. I just had to stall them.
She walks in a circle around me. "You wanna move back home?"
"No, why?"
"I'm asking the questions!"
"I know you listened in when my dad and I were talking!"
"You said you'd think about it! I can't get thrown out!"
I can't help but laugh a little. "I'm not moving back, I'm happy where I am, I only said I'd think about it so I didn't hurt his feelings."
She frowns. "Just shut up! You're still going to suffer." She points a gun at me so I don't speak again. She kicks me onto my side and presses her foot against my neck. I almost pass out but she removes her foot. She then pulls me by my hair until I'm sitting.
"You're not going to die yet." She smirks then leaves the room.

I must have been here for a while. Where was Jake? Had they done something to him too? I look around the room but it's too dark to see anything.

A little while later there's some talking then a loud bang outside the room. Gunshot. A woman screams. Ella? I start shuffling away from the door. Someone bursts into the room pointing a gun. I freeze immediately. "Y/N?"
"Jake?"
He puts the gun away and hurries over to me, quickly cutting the ropes I'd been tied up with. "We don't have long." He whispers as he pulls me to my feet.
"I don't think I can run..." I could barely speak now let alone run. My vision was blurry and going dark around the edges. Jake picks me up and bolts towards the exit. I cling onto his shoulder. It's cold outside and raining. Jake puts me in his car and fastens the seatbelt. I drift off to sleep.

My head is pounding when I wake up. I sigh in relief, I'm in my own bed now. Jake is sitting next to me looking very concerned. "How're you feeling?"
"Awful." I pick up the glass of water next to me and take a sip. I try to sit up but I don't have the strength.
"Your family will be worried and wondering what's going on. I was going to take you to hospital but I wasn't sure if you wanted the police involved and the situation is a bit messy..."
"What do you mean?"
"I kinda... Shot Ella. I called an ambulance, I think she'll be okay. I've explained everything to Captain Holt."
"Oh God..." I sigh.
"Everything will be fine."
I nod. "Thank you, for saving me. She was going to kill me."
"You know I'd do anything for you."
I nod and smile.
"Anyway you should get some rest, I'm going to go talk to Holt."
"No!"
"But he's already involved."
I shake my head and look down. "Its not that... I don't want to be left alone."
He nods. "I'll call him instead." He goes into the living room to make the phonecall.

A little while later he comes back. "Holt said he'll sort everything out, I'm taking the week off to look after you."
"I'll be fine tomorrow."
He sighs. "You need to recover properly."
"I don't need a week."
"Captain's orders."
I sigh. "Fine."

The next day I'm feeling a lot better. I go into the bathroom and look in the mirror before I take a shower. My face was badly bruised but it didn't hurt too much. My hair was matted with blood from where I'd been hit on the head. I gently wash myself being careful of my cuts and bruises. I also manage to untangle my hair and wash it. I feel a lot better once I'm in fresh clothes and my hair is dry.

I go to the kitchen and take some painkillers and then sit on the sofa next to Jake. "Feeling a little better?"
He puts his arm around me so I snuggle into his side and nod. "Have you heard anything about Ella?"
"She admitted what she did when she woke up, she'll be going to jail when she's recovered."
I nod. "My family are going to hate me again."
"They won't. Your mum called earlier, she said they're all really worried. She asked if she could come round later, I said you'd text her."
I nod. "I'll tell her they can come now."  I text my mum and she replies instantly to say they'll be right over.

When the arrive, Shawn comes rushing over and hugs me. "I'm so sorry, Y/N..."
"It's okay..."
"No it's not! I can't believe I brought her into the family... She lied about being pregnant... She just wanted the money."
I sigh. "You weren't to know."
"I'm sorry I treat you like shit too..."
I look down as tears form and shake my head. I felt so overwhelmed, I should have asked them to come tomorrow instead.

"I need a moment." I manage to dash to the bedroom, Jake follows me.
"Hey, what's wrong?"
I shake my head. "I just don't see why this has to happen for my brother to treat me like an actual human."
He wipes my tears away and hugs me. "At least he's going to treat you better now..."
I nod. "I guess."

We go back to the living room, my mum's brought flowers and has put them in a vase. Shawn is looking pretty upset. I was about to speak but my dad interrupts. "I'm really sorry about what happened Y/N... I think we all could have treated you better... I'm going to stop drinking."
I nod. They stay for about an hour, we manage to have a normal conversation for the first time in years. My dad has decided he now approves of Jake, especially since he saved my life and is taking care of me so well. Finally my relationship with my family was getting back on track.