39

Jimin burst into tears after having barely read two pages, Jungkook turning to him frantically and reaching a weak hand to his face.
"Wha-??? Jiminie... why are you crying?! Did I do something wrong? Aish... please don't cry hyung." Jungkook said in a panic, wiping desperately at Jimin's face to stop his tears.

Jimin was speechless. After having read what Jungkook had written, he realised how much energy and pain it must have taken for the younger to pour out honest words like that. The fact that Jungkook had even thought about ending his life... it broke his heart. No, it shattered it.
"Jungkook, I-I'm so s-sorry." Jimin spluttered, quickly going over to Jungkook and embracing him in a gentle but much-needed hug.

"Kook-ah, you're not a burden, I promise that you aren't and you never were. I don't want you thinking of such horrible thoughts. I love you, and every second that you live I will cherish it. I hate that you feel like you have to apologise for anything." Jimin cried.
Jungkook was also crying now, clinging onto his hyung as if he was worried that he was gonna leave.

Noticing the notebook on the bed, things came flooding back to Jungkook in one go, bringing him to the present moment with his best friend still crying over him. Jungkook just couldn't help but start sobbing loudly, Jimin getting immediately worried that his crying had upset the injured boy.

"Shit... Jungkookie please don't cry. I don't want you to over exert yourself again. Please, please stop crying bun." Jimin said frantically, cupping Jungkook's tear-stained face between his warm hands.
"I c-can't because I made hyung c-cry." Jungkook choked out, Jimin shaking his head and wiping the tears from Jungkook's face, an adoring expression meeting Jungkook's misty eyes.
"No no, shhh, I'm not crying Kookie. Hyung is okay. You're not alone, okay? You never will be." Jimin soothed, Jungkook hiccuping slightly as he let Jimin's words gradually sink in.

'I'm not alone.'