91

"Babe? Can I come in?" Jungkook called as he knocked gently on the bedroom door minutes later, but he frowned when he was met with no response, just silence. He tried the handle, glad to find that the door was unlocked when he quietly pushed it open, slowly making his way into the room. Taehyung was sat in the middle of the bed, knees brought up to his chest with his head buried in them and hands knotted firmly into his hair.

Upon noticing this, Jungkook wordlessly pushed himself to the bed, sliding onto the soft white sheets before shuffling over beside Taehyung. He slowly wrapped his arms around the older's waist and pressed his face into the side of Taehyung's neck, lightly kissing the dip where his neck met his shoulder and hearing the doctor take in a shaky breath.
"Love, what happened?" He whispered, knowing that Taehyung was crying silently due to the slight shake in his shoulders.

He hadn't seen him like this before and it really worried him.

Jungkook waited patiently for a response as Taehyung leaned into his touch, staying like that for a moment before Taehyung spoke, head still pressed into his knees.
"I lost two patients today." Taehyung said in a voice that was barely a whisper, Jungkook's eyes falling sullen and he hummed sadly at that, holding Taehyung closer. He knew his boyfriend, so he knew that Taehyung was probably blaming himself for the deaths of the people, but unfortunately that's just what sometimes happens, especially in a profession such as his.

"Oh Tae, I'm so sorry... But you can't help these things, it's not your fault, hm? It was out of your control, sweetheart." Jungkook said, Taehyung finally lifting his head and allowing Jungkook to see his tear stained face. The younger sighed sadly and brought his hands up to Taehyung's cheeks, wiping away his tears before pulling him down so that they lay on the bed, with Taehyung's face buried in Jungkook's chest.

"Don't cry lovely. You tried your best; I know that because you always do. It's a hard job to do but you handle it so well, it's really inspiring to see. You're not responsible for this, I love you, and I'm so proud of you." Jungkook whispered as he weaved his hands through Taehyung's hair, the older taking in another shaky breath as he wrapped his arms around his boyfriend's shockingly small waist, pressing his face into Jungkook's hoodie.

"Thank you."