CHAPTER SEVEN

I rise up from the pool and hear his intake of breath as he realizes that I am coming up from out of nowhere!  "Finis, where the hell did you come from?  Oh Lord you nearly gave me a heart attack.", Magnus breaths out roughly.  I swim over towards him and walk out of the water and sit down next to him to let my body dry off.

He sits down indian style while facing me.  He looks over at me and then looks down at the grass around us as he starts playing with some of the blades.  I take a deep breath and plunge right in, "Magnus, what's wrong?  I can feel your turmoil."  He continues to look down trying to avoid looking me in the eyes.  I can feel the fight going on inside of him.

I want to reach out so badly and just touch his hand.  This desire is so great that I have to clench my fist tightly to stop myself.  I know that touching him will calm him down completely like I know that touching him will ignite a fire inside of me that only he can put out.  I have no clue how I know this but am sure that it is true.

Finally after what felt like forever he says, "I don't know where to begin and I don't know who I can talk to about what is going on.  There are not very many people that I trust and I know that you and I have never interacted more than to be passing acquaintances but Finis, I know deep in my soul that I can trust you completely."

"Then trust in me and unload your troubles here and know that whatever is said between us stays between us.", I respond.  He looks up at me deeply.  "Um...you know I have always noticed you.  Even when we were little I always took notice of you whenever you were around the packlands.", he says and again gazes down towards the ground.

"I think that I may have been crushing on you just a bit.  You have always been so different from everyone else and I think that may have contributed to...", he whispers very quietly, "my feelings for you!"  I think to myself what the hell and then say, "What do you mean by feelings for me?"

"Mhhhhh...maybe I said too much!", he states as he goes to get up but I reach out to grab his hand and scream out, "No, wait Magnus!", but the moment my fingers graze over his these lightning bolt like tingles hit me like a shock to my system and I pull back and lean back on the palms of my hands breathing heavily.  Magnus immediately gets on his hands and knees and is hovering over me breathing just as bad as I am.

His intense, flaming red gaze pierces my eyes and he growls out, "What the fuck was that Finis?  What the hell is going on?  Why can't I get you out of my head?  It feels like you are buried under my skin."  Then I watch his face come closer near the nape of the left side of my neck and he takes a whiff and I loose the tight control on my powers and for just a moment he can smell me.  I hear his lustful and possesive growl as he says, "FINIS!"  Then he gasps so loudly that I know I must have messed up badly.

I close my eyes tightly as he whispers into my ear, "Your eyes are red.  I smell you and I know that smell.  It's the one that has been driving me crazy since right before our birthday.  So I am going to assume something here and I pray you know that you can trust me with any secret you have.  Are you my white wolf?"  I open my eyes and bare my soul to him through them.  I know that they are back to normal.  His eyes are so intense right now.  I answer his question in a slightly husky voice, "So I am your white wolf now!"  and he just breaks down into hysterical laughter as he falls to the side of me on the ground which prompts me to loose it as well and for once it feels so nice to just laugh!

Ω

I don't think that I have ever felt this level of peace within myself.  Magnus and I are pretty much laying on the ground facing each other, not really needing to say a word between us.  He is currently running his fingers through my hair causing the most wonderful tingles to run over my scalp as I keep gazing all over his face.  He is supremely content.  I can feel it coming off of him in spades.

I feel this fireful yearning underneath my peaceful surface but for now, it is enough just to be near him in this manner.  "Magnus, do you promise not to tell anyone about me?"  He looks at me and I see and feel a sense of devotion, "Finis, I could never betray you like that.  Wow, I can't believe you can link with me.  Anything that could be a danger to you is a danger to me.  I don't know why I feel this but I do deep in my bones!"

"There is so much that I have kept hidden not just from the pack but Nan knows nothing of this at all except what my wolf looks like.  It was at her suggestion that I hid myself.", I send through our mind link.  "I am so honored that you trust me to keep these secrets.  Thank you!  You know what?"  "What?", I answer back.  "I would love to see your wolf again." 

I look at him and smile as I say, "Sure, anything for you Magnus."  He begins to chuckle as I start to blush.  How embarressing.  I have no brain to mouth filter around him now.  Great!  We stand up and before I shift at his request, I decide that maybe I may want to warn him but then again why not just surprise him and see his reaction to my shift.

So I take a step back and SWISH I am now a wolf and he walks over to me and sits down in front of me and runs his hands through my fur and the most sensually wonderful feeling wracks my body completely and I am pretty sure I am purring for him.  Oh my God you just shifted like an alpha.  Wow! He says to me through his mind link.  "By the Godess Finis you are breath taking in every form.  You have me completely enraptured you know that don't you!"  I respond with a boldness that I did not know I even possessed, "No Magnus, it is you who has bewitched me!"