CHAPTER EIGHT

Suddenly we hear the pounding of paws.  There must be a good ten of them.  Change and hide.  I now know you can mask your scent and who knows what else you can do but just do whatever you have to in order to not be detectable okay.  He sends through his link.  Okay but don't freak out please!  

He nods his head in agreement and then I disappear right in front of him and before he can call out to me, his future beta, Brice, his gamma, Trahern, his Delta, Sim along with other wolves from our pack approach us.

Your father has been going crazy trying to locate you Magnus.  I hear Brice say through the link.  Why is my father going crazy?  I have not been gone for long and all he had to do was locate me through our mind link., Magnus responds back.

That's just it man.  Your dad could not detect you anywhere and he kept trying to link with you but...nothing.  He sent us out right away fearing that something had happened to you., Brice responded.  The look on Magnus' face was one of pure shock and it probably matched mine.

Do I now have the ability to mask or hide anyone I want too?  Wow...in my disbelief I sent a link to Magnus and say, Did I do that?  Then he gasps loudly causing his crew to become on edge as he feared they could hear me but then Trahern asks through the link, What's wrong Magnus.  Are you okay?  and he says You did not hear that?  And they all look at him like he was nuts.

I can feel Magnus' indecision.  He does not want to leave me but he must go so I say to him, When you can, come back.  I will be here waiting for you.  This I promise OK!  I will stay hidden until you come back.  I see him nod slightly in agreement and then he shifts and takes off with his crew.

I jump back into the water and swim back into my cave hole to await Magnus' return.  I lay down on the ground inside the cave facing towards the opening just watching the waterfall cascade like a shimmering curtain.  It is almost therapeutic with it's soothing qualities.

I missed my haven.  I always feel such a sense of peace here.  Now, too many bodies have passed into my sanctuary and I fear I will have to find a new place to hide.  I don't know how easy that will be.

I think back to when Magnus and I were alone.  In that moment when I came into physical contact with him, I experienced the most serene peace and the most intense turmoil of emotions and it is in that moment that I begin to examine what all of this trully means.

I don't know how long I laid there reflecting on the last few days events but I suddenly become aware of Magnus' consciousness.  I look through my watery curtain and find that nightfall has approached.  He is still very far away but I know his destination will end here.

I decide to communicate with him and see what he does or says.  I chuckle to myself knowing I am going to give him a bit of a fright.  Hey, are you on your way?  I have to giggle as I hear him squeak a bit.  Where are you Finis?  I thought you would be waiting for me?, he relays with a worried tone.

I am waiting for you Magnus, right where you left me!, I respond.  That's not possible Fin.  I am still about an hour away., he says sounding shocked.  Magnus, I told you there is so much I can do that no one knows about.  Hell, I learn something new almost everyday now since we turned eighteen.  Being able to communicate across long distances is a gift I have had since puberty.

Don't go anywhere please.  Just wait for me.  I am on my way okay., he pleads.  I made you a promise Mag!

Ω

I know that he is not too far now.  I can sense his approach so keenly it feels as though he were walking right up to me.   I dive into the pool and come out in front of the warefall and swim towards the edge.