Chapter 10

A few hours later

The doctor came out and spoke to Hopper and his family.
"Excuse me? Hi, your wife is awake and the babies are both very healthy. Would you like to see them?"
"Yes, yes, of course! Can the kids come in?"
"That will be fine, but the babies are asleep so I would  be quiet"
"We can do that can't we?" Hopper said to the kids. Everyone wiped their tear stained eyes and got up, eager to meet the babies. As they opened the door to Joyce's room, they saw her lying on her bed with a newborn in each arm. Hopper walked in smiling at her, he took the baby girl and looked at her with love. As the kids followed behind him, they were fascinated that something so small could mean so much to all of them already.
"What are their names?" said El
"Well the boy is Daniel and the girl is Charlotte" Joyce told them all
"They're great names" said Will
"Do you want to know the middle names?" Nancy said
"Obviously!" Joyce laughed
"We picked Isabella for the girl, it means beautiful you know" Lydia butted I'm just as Jonathan was about to speak
"And we picked Ethan for Daniel's middle name, it means strong, brave and caring, just like you and Hopper"
"No" Joyce said "Our whole family is strong, brave and caring"
"So" started Hopper "We have a Charlotte Isabella and a Daniel Ethan, those names really work, oh and by the way, whose older?"
"Daniel is six minutes older than Charlotte" Joyce informed him
"We have the family that we need whispered Hopper, but still loud enough so everyone could hear him.
"We certainly do" Joyce whispered back
The whole family sat around Joyce's bed smiling and being the family that they always wanted.