•01•

Hey guys, I've got a new book out, the sequel to this, so please check it out on my profile :) x

Arabella's Dress Above.
Arabella's POV:
I was late.
I am always late it's not normally a big deal, I am Arabella Walton. I am always fashionably late.
But today it is a big deal. Today my father, the boss of the New York City
Mafia, is hosting a large party in the heart of New York City, you might be wondering why that is a big deal, well so am I. I have a gut feeling this might will be something to remember...
-
I glance in my floor length mirror in my dressing room assessing anything that may seem out of place, if there is one thing I am not, it is that I'm never seen out of place.
My golden floor length gown glistened under my harsh white lights, sparkles coming off of every individual Swarovski Crystal.
I slid on a pair of my essential Black Louboutin's my feet easily gliding inside of my well worn shoes. I looked again at my mirror checking my subtle makeup and my messy waves, deciding to add some jewellery. Finally I was done.

"Arabella hurry up" was screamed up the glass stairs of our house by my very loving older brother, one of many.
I huffed and stood up from my vanity gliding out of my dressing room and into my bedroom, grabbing my purse and finally left my bedroom after my 4 hours of getting ready for the event.
I descended the stairs, not sparing a glance at myself in the mirrors being too afraid to find a hair out of place, and came face to face with my brother, Matthew.
Matt and I were well known for being the siblings who were famous for being late so being true to our names we hopped in Matt's Black Range Rover later than planned.

We arrived 1 hour and 30 minutes late. When we arrived at the venue Matt gave his keys to the valet and we entered the big gold glass doors, the event hosted for a good couple hundred mafia leaders from across Europe, I was familiar with a few as they had been previous business partners of my father. The Italian mafia had seen to get a new boss, the son I believe. I hope it's someone other than a middle aged pervert. No doubt my father would introduce us to him later tonight.

I slid my arm into Matt's tattooed arm and we walked through the doors, most eyes casted to us as we so late,  my eyes glided round the large room assessing every face for anyone I knew, preferably one of my best friends, Nicole and Rose.
My eyes locked with a mysterious pair of pitch black eyes towards the back of the room in a secluded corner of the room, my breath hitched in my chest as I quickly averted my eyes back to my brother. My mind raced to glance back at his beautiful, haunted eyes.

"Ara? Are you even listening to me?"
"ARA!" Matt raises his voice at me, trying to gain my attention back.

My mind exited the fumbled state it had previously been in as I replied, "yes I was listening, sorry just got distracted".

I gave Matt my full attention, but at the back of my mind we're those eyes.