•14•

Mateo's POV: 2 weeks later.

We still haven't found her. We have had multiple leads, none of them going anywhere, it is the most frustrating thing. I miss her, I don't think I would have ever said that. I can't even imagine what she's going through, it pains me to think of what's happening to her, which is why I don't. Today is the first day since her disappearance that I haven't been drunk, an achievement for me.

I didn't realise the extent of my feelings for her until she was gone.

-

"HELLO?" I heard from the front door as I was sat in the kitchen, I leaned back on my chair to look through the door into the foyer. Nicole was stood there, she had been coming round here everyday, I think it made her feel useful and that she was helping, when in reality she wasn't.

"Ciao Nicole I'm in here" I greeted her, still sat in my chair. She quickly walked into the room with a determined look on her face, making me curious as I looked at her.

"Where is Gabriel and Matt?" She asked me, over these few weeks she had grown closer to Matt, a small attraction could be seen between them.

"In the office.." I replied with a quizzical tone to my accent.

She scrambled through the kitchen to the door on the far side, which entered his office. I followed her through and into the dark office.

"Mr Walton, I was thinking last night and I remember that Arabella once put a tracker in her arm which can be accessed through her phone" she rushed out, I narrowed my eyes at her, trying to understand her fumbled words.

Mr Waltons eyes widened and Matt had a excited look on his face as we may have gotten somewhere. "Well where is her phone?" he asked her with a serious tone.

I pulled it out of my pocket as I have been looking after it. I passed it to Nicole with a hard look, saying if this isn't right I am going to be pissed.

She grabbed the phone from my hands and realised the Face ID wouldn't work, obviously. "Fuck!" she shouted angrily. She looked at Gabriel, "Sir have you got any recent pictures of Arabella?" she asked desperately.

"Um I do in one of our photo albums from the holiday we had in Spain" he pointed to the bookshelf to my right.

I walked over to it and saw the date 2020 i grabbed the book and begun flicking through, looking for pictures of Arabella. I found one and motioned for Nicole to come over to me, which she did, hurriedly walking over to me with a hard look on her face, I admired Nicole in this situation because of how determined she is in finding Arabella. Rose has come round a couple times and I can tell she is getting suspicious, it will be fine though when we finally find Arabella.

"Okay scan this, velocemente" I spoke with urgency. "quickly"

Nicole held the phone up to the image of Arabella and the phone unlocked. I breathed a sigh of relief as this lead is going much further than the others which barley even got us out of the house. I looked expectantly at Nicole, expecting her to open something to show us where Arabella is.

"Okayyy so she told me about it when she did it, but she said it was a link in her notes but they are passcode protected and she told me once but I'm not sure so I'm gonna have to try a few" she sighed, obviously frustrated at herself.

"It is okay Nicole, take your time" I assured her as she begun looking upset. I patted her arm as she weakly smiled up at me. Mr Walton and Matt were looking at the computers on the desk, focusing on whatever was on there.

I decided to stay with Nicole, I could see over her shoulder as she was smaller than me. She was putting codes in that reminded me of a conversation Arabella and I had about birthdays. my birthday, that was her passcode, my heart skipped as I reached for the phone and typed my birthday in, 18/08/1991. Nicole looked up at me with a confused expression on her face, I bent down and whispered, "my birthday." Her face morphed into a knowing look as she had obviously made some connections.

-

Nicole's POV:

I knew it. I had some suspicions that Arabella was with someone, I just didn't think it would be Mr Lopez, it made sense now as I knew that it was him. the secret glances she made to him, the look of adoration on his face whenever he looked at her and the protective and possesive feel it seems he has for her. I looked away from Mr Lopez as I realised this is what she wanted to tell me about before she got kidnapped.

"Sir I did it, we are in" I informed Mr Walton, still looking at the notes, I scrolled though until I found one with the title,"NICOLE". This is obviously it as I was the only person she had told about the tracker she had gotten put into her arm. Ara was always paranoid about things like this happening, which I never understood but now after all of this I realise how smart she had been.

I opened up the note and clicked on the link, Mr Lopez, Mr Walton and Matt were now all stood around me, all of us holding our breaths as we waited for the link to load. It loaded.

I looked up at her dad, "Sir I know where that is" I breathed out with a hopeful look on my face.

"Well what are we waiting" Mr Lopez' thick Italian spoke with determination laced through his voice.

We're coming Ara...