•16•

Mateo's POV:
'Okay go go go!' Jack shouted through the ear piece. My heart raced as we all clambered out of the rover, I jumped out first and began running towards the building, Matthew running next to me.

We entered the building and I whipped the two guns out of my waistband and held them up in front of me just incase jack and his team missed anyone.

"Okay come down the stairs immediately on the right of the doors" I heard jack speak through the ear piece. I turned to the stairs on my right and began decending them, a pungent smell knocking the air out of my lungs, I couched and pulled my hoodie over my mouth.

I saw Jack at the end of the corridor, waving his hands for us to come closer, when we were closer I saw that he was standing in front of a cellar door that had boards in the panels that would've been open. making us unable to see what was inside. "I believe she is in here, my team have gone to get the boss and the two other men" he informed us with a firm nod as he turned around.

I shot at the lock on the door, busting it open. I took a deep breath, preparing myself for what she is going to be like, I hope this hasn't wiped her smile away. I creeped the door open and saw a small figure cloaked in the darkness, the spine of their back protruding through their skin, bruises littered on their back.

Arabella.

I walked over to her, not before telling Matt to stand outside the door, as Gabriel and Marcus had gone with Jacks team to get the scum men. I crouched down next to her as she weakly lifted her head up, her hair matted around her face, it pained me to see her like this as she was always looking pristine. Her dull brown eyes widened at the sight of me as her bottom lip wobbled as tears started pooling in her eyes. I noticed she was completely naked so I ripped my hoodie over my head and slid it over her head, sliding her spindly arms through the sleeves.

"Mateo is that really you?" her croaky voice whispered as her tears slid down her hollow cheeks and dripped onto the jumper that hung down to her knees. I nodded with a solemn look painted on my face, trying not to get upset as she looked so broken.

"I am going to pick you up fiore is that okay?" I asked with worry lacing my tone as I stared into her eyes.

She nodded as she lifted up her arms as I slid my hands under her underarms, I slowly lifted her off the floor, she winced slightly which made me halt my movements as she looked up at me and gave me a weak, reassuring smile, telling me to continue. I hooked my arms under her knees and carried her like a baby as she clung onto my muscle tee as if someone was going to rip her away from me. I knocked on the door so Matt would open it, the door swung open revealing Matthews worried expression as he stared down at Ara with slightly wet eyes, he shook his head and glanced up at my hard face.

"Lets get her in the car." He spoke with a solid tone. He began marching down the corridor and up the stairs with me close behind, making sure not to jolt Ara and make her in any pain.

We exited the warehouse as I looked up to the vans to see the two men in the video being loaded into one of the vans, making my hands tighten around Arabella in anger, I heard a soft whimper as Arabella shifted as my fingers were digging in, I immediately loosened my grip as she stopped shifting and re-closed her eyes.

I carefully got into the car, adjusting Arabella on my lap, moving the hoodie so it covered her legs up. We waited for Gabriel and Marcus in the car as I gazed down at Arabella, properly taking in her appearance, her cheek had a small cut on which had scabbed over, her eye had slight bruising on it and a cut on her eyebrow, her lips had bruises around them, making me close my eyes and take a deep breath, trying to calm down.

-

The car pulled up outside the mansion, I looked out of the window to see Ara's mom, Nicole and Devon stood at the doors with worried expressions on their faces. the car stopped and the guys got out first, holding the door open for me and Arabella. I began walking up to the door to get Arabella inside, Amelia (her mom) rushed up to Ara and whimpered as Gabriel caught her in his arms with a sad look on his face, he hadn't looked at her much since we got her, I assume it pains him to think he was unable to protect her.

"Lets take her to her room yeah?" Nicole asked with a soft tone as she noticed my uncomfortable at holding her practically naked in front of all of them.

I nodded and followed her upstairs to Ara's room, I noticed her eyes were open as she tugged my arm and croaked out, "can I wash please?" I nodded and asked Nicole to get some water.

I brought Ara into the bathroom and began running a warm bath in her massive tub for her as she watched me with her hands balled up in the hoodie. I could tell she wanted to say something as she kept nervously looking at me.

I looked at her with an eyebrow raised, "yes Arabella do you want to ask something bella?" I asked with a soft voice.

"um can you doitwithme?" she rushed out, staring at the floor with pink cheeks.

"scusi?" I asked with a questioning tone, my eyes slightly narrowed as the sound of water filled the room. "pardon?"

"will you get in with me please?" she repeated with a small frown on her lips, a small grin broke through my lips.

"Of course Bella" I replied my tone soothing, she looked up at me with a soft smile on her face.

A knock came from the door as I said come in, Nicole peeked her head in and held up a bottle of water which I took and passed to Arabella. Nicole rushed over to Ara and careful wrapped her small arms around Arabella's skinny frame. She released her and turned back round to me.

"she's just going to take a bath" I informed her as Ara was drinking.

"With you?" she questioned with a protective tone in her voice.

I nodded, "she asked I think she just wants me near her".

"Okay" she gave me a warm smile as she left the room.

-

I washed Arabella off in the bath as her eyes drooped. Her hair was so matted I had to rake a comb through it a few times, causing her to whimper a few times. When we got out I grabbed a pair of panties and slid them on her legs, underneath one of my large black t-shirts I got from the guest room.

I carried her to her bed and slid her in, her eyes already closed. I also slid in next to her for mine and her comfort.

Finally.