03

Anatoly stared at the black and white bear, eyebrows furrowed

Anatoly stared at the black and white bear, eyebrows furrowed. He had his men check it and it came up clean. There were no bugs, no cameras, no nothing. It was just a bear, a regular bear from a girl by the name of Mae.

He had men look into her as well and now he was waiting for the file. Sitting on the hospital bed, Anatoly typed on his computer. By day, he was a businessman, a billionaire who ran one of the world's largest technology companies. He remained anonymous, never wanting his associates and enemies from his other line of work to interfere with his legal job.

Finishing a few emails, he signed a few papers and handed everything to one of his trusted guards. Another stepped forward and handed him a secured cellphone. It was encrypted and more secure than Fort Knox. It required a fingerprint and voice activation code just to unlock. The code changed every 30 minutes, there was no way to get into the phone unless you were Anatoly.

He scrolled through the contacts clicking on the name he was searching for and placing it against his ear. It rung three times before the line connected.

"Ty tolstyy ital'yanskiy pridurok, ty deystvitel'no dumal, chto smozhesh' ubit' menya?

(You fat Italian fucker, did you really think you could kill me?)

The man on the other line gulped, he was a burly man with the shape of a bowling ball. His thinning hair and fat face made him look anything but threatening. He was supposedly the leader of another organization that was small in numbers but his men were skilled. Anatoly was already planning to kill him and take over and this was the perfect opportunity.

The man was sweating bullets but not because he was guilty, because he knew how Mr. Beletsky's temper could get. He was the type to kill first and ask questions later. He was reckless with his actions but meticulous and very careful.

"Mr. Beletsky, I assure you, I had nothing to do with the attempt on your life. I had only heard of it after the fact." Anatoly hummed, he was still going to kill the Italian.

"Nu, eto ochen' plokho, ne pravda li? Moi lyudi uzhe v polozhenii, Goobye mister Russo"

(Well that's too bad isn't it. My men are already in position. Goodbye Mr. Russo.)

The man started to speak before a gunshot silenced him. Anatoly could hear the man choking and spluttering before the line went silent. Then he could heard footsteps and the phone was picked up off the ground.

"Eto sdelano, boss." He nodded, ending the call and signaling one of the guards forward.

"Call Samara." The guard pulled out his phone and dialed the number, letting the call connect before handing the device to his boss.

"Brat, I'm in the middle of a mission right now." Gunshots rang through the phone, the sound of glass breaking and bodies hitting the floor could be heard. Samara held the phone between her ear and shoulder, firing off shots. She cursed, running out of bullets. Throwing the gun down, she jumped from behind her table that was used as cover and went hand-to-hand with the rest of them."