12

Mae stood in the mirror, finishing up her braid while she waited for Anatoly

Mae stood in the mirror, finishing up her braid while she waited for Anatoly. Today they planned to go swimming. The pool was obviously in the hospital, seeing as Mae couldn't leave, but it was in a glass-like casing.

The pool itself was large and rectangular in size, located on the top floor. The ceiling was made of large windows which gave an amazing view of the sky. The sides were lined with large windows as well, showing just how beautiful the city looked from far away. There was a small hallways that connect the pool area with the indoor garden and Mae had put that on their agenda as well.

Tying the small rubber band around the end of the braid, Mae stepped back to give herself a once over. She wasn't dressed up today, just some jeans shorts and a white fitted top that covered the black bikini she wore underneath it.

Eliza knocked on the door before entering. A white towel in one hand, the other holding a small, navy blue backpack filled with everything her daughter may need. A speaker, her lunch and few other snacks, a change of clothes, etc. She would be busy today so she prepared all the materials in advance.

"Here you go." Mae graciously smiled, taking the bag and holding the towel underneath her arm. She took her oxygen bag, kissed her mother on the cheek and whispered another goodbye before skipping out to the room to meet Anatoly who waited at the front desk, per Mae's request of course.

Mae nearly slammed into the man as he stood, arms outstretched for her. She clung to him, a her face split into a large smile.

"Toly, I missed you," she whispered into his chest. Anatoly hummed, running a hand down her back and planting a kiss on her forehead. He didn't need to say it back, they both already knew he felt the same. He missed her just as much, if not more.

After standing like that for a few short minutes, they pulled away. Mae took in his appearance, shaking her head at the dress pants and black shirt he wore. Although he wasn't wearing a suit like usual, he still was dressed for a pool and Mae was sure his closet only contained suits and formal wear but she couldn't say she was upset about it. His style was something she was quite fond of, especially on him.

Anatoly took her bag, grabbing her hand and leading them to the elevator. Mae threw Igor a wave and smile as they passed. He returned it, following behind his Boss and the soon-to-be Queen. Although she wasn't ready just yet, he decided that she would be addressed as Little Queen, or that's what he had been calling her for the past few weeks.

Mae loved the name, quickly coming up with one for him: Gory. It was ironic because of his line of work but neither he nor his Boss were ready to tell her of that. Mae was a breath of fresh air, bubbly and the purest kind of innocent. She had not only wormed her way into Anatoly's heart but also Igor's. His Little Queen was like a sister. One he would protect with his life. She had even given him a teddy bear, it was a purple octopus stuffy with big black eyes. He absolutely adored it, placing it with his most prized possessions. His life had never been worth really living but Mae and Anatoly had given it meaning, gave it purpose.

The ding of the elevator pulled them from their thoughts, the silver doors slid open to the top floor. Mae was the first to run out, excitement bubbling in her stomach and chest. She firmly held onto Toly's hand, leading the men to the pool.

Mae gasped in awe. Even after seeing it many times, each time always felt like the first. The sun shone into the windows, blinding them with its beautiful light. The large windows giving the perfect view of the outside world.

Mae sat her towel on the wooden bench, slipping out of her colorful crocs. Anatoly sat her backpack on the bench with his bag next to it. Mae stilled realizing she would have to actually take off her clothes in front of Anatoly. She wasn't insecure of her body per say, she was i secure of the scares she had. Scars from previous surgeries and procedures.

Anatoly slipped his own shirt over his head, throwing it on the floor. His scars and wounds on full display, as well as the muscles and abundance of tattoos he had. Oddly, it encouraged Mae to follow. She began to lift the shirt but Toly stopped her, moving her hands and replacing them with his own.

He pulled the end of her shirt up, Mae lifted her arms to help. The thin material was quickly discarded displaying the black bikini top she wore. His eyes zoomed in on her breast, wanted nothing more than to hold them in his hands. Even though they were the biggest, they were enough.

Reluctantly his eyes moved down the rest of her exposed body, his eyes taking in the various healed scars. Still, she was the beautiful to him and he felt the overwhelming need to tell her that.

"You are beautiful, Svetlyachok." His emphasize of the linking word made a sense of proudness swell in Mae's chest, as well as the comment. She felt good knowing that he was really doing well with cleaning up his English. Nothing was wrong with it but Mae was satisfied either way.

"Thank you," she whispered blushing at the complement. Sighing, Mae stepped out of their little bubble and removed the last of her clothes with Toly doing the same. He didn't have swim trunks so he was swimming in his underwear but Mae definitely wasn't complaining. Her eyes kept glancing at his lower half and back at him, her cheeks stained red. Her arousal was evident in her eyes.

The water splashed, making them turn towards the pool. Igor emerged from the water, smiling. He waved a hand making Mae follow. She jogged to the edge before jumping in the pool. The splash only about half of Igor's.

"Come on Toly!" She yelled, a large smile on her face as she stood in the water waving for him. Igor next to her doing the same. Anatoly shook his head meeting them in the cool water.

++++

Mae munched on the pasta her mother had packed her for lunch. It was delicious, containing a variety of green vegetables and shrimp with a creamy white sauce. Anatoly and Igor eating the portions Eliza had generously prepared for them.

After hours in the water and pruney fingers and toes, they decided to move onto their next destination but not before eating lunch. After drying off and changing into fresh clothes, they sat on the bench to eat.

Mae was still eating when the men finished. She crunched the apple slices, dunking them in the smooth peanut butter. She held one out for Anatoly, welcoming the kiss that he pressed against her fingers. Igor had left to take of a fee things for his boss, wanting his longtime friend to spend his time with the little queen.

Mae finished, drinking her bottle of lemonade before washing it down with her room temperature water. Anatoly pulled the bottle from her hands and placed it at his mouth, drinking from it. Mae stared wide-eyed and red. They had technically kissed. If wasn't exactly physical but it was close to it.

She couldn't help the bubbly giggle that fell from her lips at the thought. It made her giddy and she like it. One day she hoped that it would be physical. Preferably one day soon.

With her oxygen bag on one should and the backpack over Anatoly's shoulder, they walked hand in hand through the garden. Mae animatedly talking about the flowers while she ran her fingers over their delicate petals. She would often remove her nasal tubes to smell the fresh scent of the different plants. Anatoly watched with warm eyes, a sigh of pure content escaping from his chest. He could see his future with the girl. It was the girl. She was his future and what a beautiful future it would be.