07

Anatoly

Anatoly

"You like her," Igor stated after Mae left the room. He wasn't teasing or anything, he was genuinely shocked. His friend had never showed interest in anyone, not as much as he has with Mae.

He had to admit Mae was beautiful and probably the kindest he had ever met in his 26 years of life. She was gentle and caring, the complete opposite of Anatoly.

"Very much," Anatoly responded still looking at the door she had left out of. Of course Anatoly had, had his share of women but none lasted for more than a few months, if that. He never had meaningless sex, his mother would have his balls if he were to play with a woman like that but none of his relationship were long.

The women seemed to have one thing in mind and that was something he couldn't give them. He decided years ago to take a pause on women and focus on his businesses, both legal and illegal.

And then there's Mae who took him by surprise. She caught him off guard and he was glad she had. She was everything he should stay away from, innocent and kind. In his line of business, there wasn't anyone who possessed such qualities. He was dangerous, the Russian Mafia leader. The number of enemies he had were astronomical but he was also a selfish bastard.

He had known the girl merely a week and was already attached. Maybe it was her eyes, big and wide, or maybe it was her smile, the smile that lit up the entire room. He wasn't sure but she had him drawn in and his eyes were already set on her.

His family was known for their possessive and obsessive tendencies. They were always that way. When they wanted something, it was there's and anyone who had anything to say against it were damned to hell. Mae was that person but he knew she wasn't used to attention from a man, especially one like him so he would take his time with her.

"Igor, segodnya vecherom vstrecha s albantsami. YA khochu, chtoby vy byli tam, ubedites', chto vse idet po planu."

(Igor, the meeting with the Albanians is tonight. I want you there, make sure everything goes according to plan.)

Igor nodded, walking out the room leaving two guards with his boss and one went with him. Anatoly typed on his phone, checking in on his siblings. Once he got the okay, he stood from the bed and gathered his clothes. He took a quick shower, brushing his teeth and combing through his hair.

He switched off his lights, leaving the lamp on. He got comfortable under the covers and went to sleep just like that. He trusted that the two men in his room would protect him with their lives or he would take theirs along with everyone they love.

++++

Like every morning, Anatoly was up at 4:30. He took another shower and struggled pulling on his clothes but he managed. He had been shot 7 times, twice in chest, twice in the stomach, once in the shoulder, and two times in his back. But he was as stubborn as a mule. There was no way he was going to let those fuckers kill him and take what his ancestors had worked so hard to build. He was in a coma for about a month before he woke up and he would be in the hospital til he was completely healed.

He made sure he donated a wealthy sum to the chairmen of the board. Once he was healed he would kill the man who had the audacity to try and take his life. He should've went for the head, because now there was hell to pay and best believe Anatoly was going to make him regret even being born.

Stepping out the bathroom, Anatoly's expensive dress shoes clacked on the hard hospital floor. Igor entered with his breakfast which consisted of eggs, toast, and black coffee.

"Update." He lifted the mug to his nose and smelled the coffee before tasting it. 

"The meeting went as planned. The Albanians are giving us 25% of their income from the drugs we delivered to them. They requested a shipment of guns. High grade, military style. I told them you would consider and call with a decision."

"Vyzov Asti." Igor nodded, pulling a secure phone from his pocket. He dialed the number and put it on speaker. The man picked up on the second ring. (Call Asti.)

"Mr. Beletsky, I've been expecting your call."

"YA dam tebe oruzhiye, napolovinu, yesli ty chto-to sdelayesh' dlya menya."

(I'll give you the guns, half off if you do something for me.)

"And what would that be?" Asti was the leader of the Albanian Syndicate. He was one of Anatoly's most loyal partners and just as dangerous. Asti was a pyscho with a handsome face. He was young, only 22 year old but his age was never a hinderance. He was wise than men twice his age. He might've been insane but he was brilliant as well. Smart and calculated, cautious and careful with everything he did.

He had specifically learned Russian just to communicate with Anatoly. He needed an alliance with the Russians and worked hard to get it. He would be damned if a language barrier was the reason why he didn't secure his relationship with a man as powerful as Anatoly, especially since the Russians rarely made alliances. It took Asti three years to gain their trust but those three years were more than worth the outcome and benefits he received after they became allies.

"Naydite lyudey, kotoryye strelyali v menya. Ikh dvoye. U odnogo tatuirovka cherepa na levoy storone litsa, a u drugogo - skorpion na sheye."

(Find the men who shot me. There's two of them. One has a skull tattoo on the left side of his face and the other has a scorpion in the side of his neck.)

"Consider it done. Text me the time and location of my shipment." Asti was the right to hang up, he had just got a deal on his guns and now he had to handle his part. He wouldn't do anything to jeopardize his bond with the Russians, so he got to work immediately.

"When do you-"

"Toly, mama said I could come in here." Mae stumbled into the room. She was still in her pajamas and her hair was a mess and she couldn't sleep alone. Usually it was okay, but for some reason she just really didn't want to be by herself right now. Sometimes she needed someone to cuddle with and Eliza was that person, however, she had to work so the only other person she could think of was Anatoly. She had her blanket wrapped around her and her orange slippers on her feet.

Both men we a little surprised by the sudden intrusion, yet Anatoly wouldn't pass up this opportunity. He held his hand out to the girl who was still half asleep. She padded to him, sliding out her shoes and falling into the bed. She moved around, finding the perfect spot which was snuggled close to Anatoly. In no time, she was sleeping, small almost inaudible snores leaving her mouth.

Anatoly watched her sleep for a while before getting to work. His legal business was still something he had to focus on.

*****

Double update. I lowkey like this one. It shows a few aspects of Anatoly's other life and idk I just think it's interesting.

Asti will be important which is why I gave a little background for him. I think the chapter ended cutely and it shows how much their relationship is developing. Did you guys like it? Tell me what you thought.