10

As promised, Anatoly returned to the hospital everyday, since he left

As promised, Anatoly returned to the hospital everyday, since he left. It had been a little over a month ago, even though it didn't feel that long.

Anatoly would come at different times but it was never a problem. Mae was just happy he even came. Eliza was surprised as well. Mr. Beletsky must really like her daughter to go through a full day of work and still make time for Mae.

She was happy for her daughter though. She knew that their "friendship" would even become more, it was only a matter of time.

Mae sat in the cafeteria, eating her chicken nuggets that the chef had made. They were good but sort of lacking in the seasoning category. Still, it was sufficient and Mae was grateful for everything she got.

Mae dunked her chicken nugget in her ranch, shoving the whole thing in her mouth, adding a few fries. She hummed at the classic mixture, her head bouncing side to side while she kicked her feet.

"Toly!" She smiled after swallowing. She heard him laugh, recognizing it instantly. Her body lurched forward, into Anatoly's waiting arms.

"I missed you," the girl mumbled into his skin.
"I miss you too." Anatoly rubbed her back before sitting her back down and taking the seat next to her. Mae began eating before holding a nugget up to Toly. He leaned forward, taking the nugget from her fingers with his mouth. Kissing her fingers, he chewed on the chicken a smile threatening to take over his face as he watched Mae's face turn red.

Her face stayed that color for the rest of their meal. She would share with him, only to feel his lips pressed against the same fingers. As bad as it was, Mae liked it. She loved feeling his plush lips on her fingers, even though she would rather them be somewhere else but she was too shy to ask for a kiss. A real kiss. She would blush just thinking about it.

Mae held Anatoly's hand tightly, dragging him down the halls. She lead him to the overhead bridge in the hospital. No one really used it but it gave them the perfect view of the city.

"It's it beautiful Toly?" Anatoly had yet to take his eyes off her. He hadn't heard anything she said. Mae waited for an answer, asking again just to receive nothing. She turned to look at the man, folding her arms and glaring. Her glare was anything but frightening. Anatoly found it cute.

"Toly! You're not listening!" She huffed, stepping closer to "intimidate" him. Anatoly took a step forward, grabbing her hip.

"Sorry. Again." Mae dropped her arms and faced the window again. She pointed at the city, repeating her question. Anatoly hummed in agreement.

"Anatoly. When I get better I wanna travel around the world and see everything. Even the bad stuff! And you can come too! You wanna discover with me?" Mae was facing Anatoly. Her hands laid on his chest, her wide eyes filled with hope as she stared up at him.

"Da. We go to Russia, my home." The girl gasped, bouncing on her toes in excitement.

(Yes.)

"Really. Pinkie promise," she held her pinkie out in Anatoly's face. He chuckled, wrapping his larger pinkie around hers.

"Wait! You have to teach me Russian. I can't go there and not speak it. So will you teach me?" The man nodded, his eyes searching her face, committing it to memory. He was taken by the girl. She didn't know who he was or what he did in the dark but he knew she would find out. He just hoped she would still want him after.

She may not have known it but she was his. She would be his one and only. Since the day Igor handed him that panda. It had only been two months but these months have been the best days of his life. Two months he would always remember.

"Why don't you like ketchup," Mae asked leaning her back against his chest. Anatoly played with her hair, twisting it around his finger.

"Nasty," he said scrunching up his face. Mae giggled finding it funny because he loved tomatoes but hated tomato products like ketchup and pasta sauce. They were made from the same thing but he couldn't stand any of it.

"My favorite number is five because five is five. I don't have a reason. I just like five more than the others, like I like vanilla better than chocolate unless it's actual chocolate then I like real chocolate over white chocolate."

"Hela from Thor would definitely beat Thanos in a fight. She's just so strong and kick butt. Thanos is literally just a giant. His only trait was having all the stones. Well not really because he cheated. He actually lost in the first movie..."

"I think giraffes are so cool. They're big and have long necks." Mae gasped turning towards Anatoly who was highly amused. Mae switched topics ever ten seconds. She couldn't stay on one for too long before she got distracted and started talking about another. All Anatoly had to do was sit back and listen. Ge loved listening to her talk. She could make the most boring topics sound extraordinary and out of this world.

"Have you seen a giraffe fight? I have. It was on animal planet and it was so cool. Their necks were swinging and they used the two little bumps on their head to hit each other. It was sad because they were hurting each other but at the same time it was like wow!"

Mae's snores echoed around the quiet bridge. Anatoly held her on his lap, smoothing a finger over her slightly chubby cheek. His suit jacket was wrapped around her, making sure she was warm in the cool hall.

He check his watch for the time. A quarter pass nine. He managed to pull his phone from his pants pocket, unlocking it and scrolling through the messages he had. His phone was on do not disturb because he wanted to spend every minute with his love.

Some from his sister, some from Igor about the business and a meeting he had the next day. A few from his brother and a lot from his mother demanding to know why he hadn't been back home and why he stayed in the hospital for so long.

Anatoly replied with "Call later." He purposely ignored her questions, not ready to tell anyone, who didn't already know, about Mae. The only people who did know were Igor and a few guards and his driver. He wanted to wait til he made it official before even telling them. Mae was already sick and she was emotional too. He would not risk scaring her away.

Carefully, Anatoly picked up Mae, frowning at how light she was. The oxygen in her nose helped her breathe. His heart squeezed at her illness. She was pure and innocent. She didn't deserve to be this sick and cooped up in a hospital.

He made it to her hall, giving Eliza a nod when he passed and entered her room. He laid Mae on the bed, slipping off her shoes, leaving her in her sundress. He watched her for a little longer before leaning over her to kiss her forehead. He stood from the bed and headed towards the door until he heard Mae calling for him.

"Stay Toly. Please." Her eyes were barely open but he could still see the hope in her eyes. He didn't say anything, but toed off his dress shoes and unbuttoned his shirt. He shrugged out of the material, sending Igor a text about his change of plans and laying next to the girl.

"Yay!" She sleepily cheered, scooting closer to him. She got in her usual spot, on top of his chest, breathing in his scent. Slumber overtook her just like that, Anatoly not too far behind.

*****

Omg y'all I am so sorry I haven't updated but double update because I'm an ass updater. I start working tomorrow so I'll try to figure out a schedule for that but don't worry I'll think of something.

I really don't have anything to say so I'll just tell you how I felt about the chapter. I like them honestly. I know they could be better but I'm definitely satisfied with the way they are right now. Things should start picking up some, soon but give me feedback. What did you think? What did you like about them? What did you not like about them? Favorite moments? What do you want to see in the future?

Update coming soon.