Ch. 6

It was now Tuesday, work day. After church on Sunday my mum questioned me. But I just blew it off to say Harry was messing about. She didn't look totally convinced though...

I was actually excited to go in today, Harry and I closed up the shop which meant him and I could have some alone time before I went home.

-

As soon as I got into the cafe, I instantly jogged up to El, grabbed her by the arm and pulling her into a corner of the back room, my voice a whisper. "I have to tell you something..."

"Bloody hell Lou," she cursed yanking her arm away from my grip as she went to straighten out her apron.

"Sorry... Anyway I wanted to tell you before Luke came in and yelled at us," I said in one breath. "So Harry invited me to a party then this kid from church saw me grinding all up on him," her eyes widened. "And he was all 'ew you're gross' " I said in a mock voice. "But then Harry got really scary... Anyway so we left and I cried then Harry comforted me and now my neckless is in a lake and I'm gay," I rushed out hoping she got it all. Her face was priceless actually.

"Wh-what?" I nodded. "Finally!" She squealed. I just looked at her beyond confused. "Lou I knew you were gay," she laughed lightly. I just looked at her with a blank face.

"Oh," was all I said.

"Yeah," she smiled. "And I'm glad you and Harry are a thing, you make a cute couple" she winked to me. I blushed and rolled my eyes attempting to cover up my embarrassment. "What about your... You know parents? They aren't exactly..." She trailed off.

"Yeah... I know... I'm just going to keep it down low for a little."

"Okay... So have you kissed? Snogged?" She asked her eyes big as she spoke excitedly. I smacked her on the arm playfully.

"No! We haven't kissed El, Jesus..."

"Oooh, you're blushing! You wanna kiss him" she wiggled her eyebrows in a weird way.

"I-" my sentence was cut short as I turned to see Harry walking in through the back door. When his eyes caught mine he smiled, and I instantly grinned back.

"I'm just gonna... Go tend to the coffee..." El said as she slowly walked away. I just brushed her off as Harry approached me. We haven't seen one another since that night and I missed the hell out of him.

Harry glanced through the window of the door which led into the main part of the cafe, I'm guessing making sure no one was coming. Once it was clear he made his way to me instantly wrapping his strong arms around my waist as I buried my face into his chest, smiling. "Hi baby, missed you," he murmured. I told him I had missed him too. And already too soon we had to pull away as Luke came into the room. He caught the end of the embrace and gave us a strange look before leaving it at that.

-

Half way through the day my phone buzzed.

Mummy sent you a text

I opened my mobile to read it.

hey Hun, any plans for tonight cancel them please. Family dinner

Damnit... Harry had wanted to take me out tonight... Maybe he could come for dinner?

Deciding it was a good idea I asked before I could stop myself.

could I bring Harry?

Her reply was delayed. And by delayed I mean over an hour.

yes.

-

I locked the front door as Harry whiped down tables. The day had drug on after my conversation with my mum. Honestly I was freaking out. Why had I done that?! Now even if I wanted to un-invite him, I couldn't. My mum would have a cow. She'd claim ' I made enough food and now it's going to waste ' blah blah blah...