Ch. 24

* Harry's P.O.V. *

*two months later*

Things have been going okay, considering everything. Louis has good and bad days. Sometimes he's his normal self: funny, a little loud, sassy... Other days he's back to square one: quiet, panic attacks, lost appetite, little sleep...

It just depends, I guess. But he was slowly getting better.

I've returned to work, but Louis hasn't. The days I work he's sadly alone at the flat, but most times Niall or Zayn will go over and spend the day with him.

He was suppose to go back a week ago but he refuses to. I've even walked him into the building before, but as soon as I go to leave he runs out. Which is bad, since when he runs he's out on the street alone, which of course causes more attacks.

I've asked him why he's so reluctant to go, but he just explains that it's all too close. Meaning it's near the spot it all happened.
Which I understood. I wanted him to get back into the normal daily life, but I wouldn't push him either. So he's asked me to go in with him today to quit his job.

Now we sat in front of the record shop, him climbing out of the rover as I followed suit. Today was an iffy day. He woke up fine but now he seems small and insecure, much like how he gets when on this side of town. Or any part of town for that matter...

He looked around unsure, drifting toward me searching for comfort. So I went to his side and took his hand in mine, lacing our fingers together. I gave him a reassuring smile before dragging him toward the shop before he could hesitate.

I pulled open the door as a small bell overhead tinged. Louis began searching around for an employee, and soon found one, his co-worker friend, Ashton. I'd met him a couple of times, and he was a nice lad.

"Hey Lou!" He came over waving with a smile. "Haven't seen you in a while."

"Yeah, I know," he gave a small dry chuckle in responds. Ashton then turned to me.

"Hey Harry," I smiled back. "So whatcha need?" He questioned Louis.

"Umm, is Jake around?" Ashton pointed behind him to the back side of the shop.

"Yup, in his office."

"K, thanks Ash," he smiled him. He began to pull me toward the back.

"Bye guys," he gave a small pat to Louis' shoulder as we walked past.

As we went into the back Louis stopped short, turning to me. He placed a small hand on my chest to get me to stop walking. "Wait here, yeah? I'll be back."

"Good luck, babe," I smiled down at him as I leaned forward to place a kiss to his forehead. He then turned to disappear into the office.

This gave me some time to make a few phone calls.

First: Charlotte.

It ringed a few times until she picked up.

"Hello?"

"Hey, it's me."

"Oh! Hey Harry!" She greeted.

"Hey... So I only have a little bit of time to talk," I began. She stayed silent. "Is he actually?..." I trailed. I heard her sigh.

"Yeah..." I pursed my lips together.

"M'sorry..." She brushed it off. "So I'm going to be calling Gemma after this... I'm thinking of taking up her idea. She found some other houses."

"I think you should. He'd be happier, more at ease, ya'know?" I nodded even though she couldn't see me.

"Yeah... Are you still thinking of moving in with your Aunt Jade?"