Ch. 10

I was about to turn to run and hide. I had actually turned around to go to the door when instead I heard the front doors squeak open. I then saw Harry as he now stood inside. He glanced around the building for a moment before making a beeline straight for me his eyes full or worry. He seemed to pay no mind to the people around us, or maybe he didn't notice them.

He quickly gathered me into his warming chest putting a hand to my hair, letting his fingers tangle into my messy fringe, and one arm around my waist. I buried my face hiding away, wishing to be gone from here. I began crying again more then likely wetting Harry's black shirt he was wearing.

I could hear my sister scolding my father and telling him to stop as I heard quick steps approach us. I just attempt to cuddle further into my lover's chest trying to be invisible.

I peaked out from Harry's embrace slightly to see my dad stalking toward us. He pointed an accusing finger to Harry. "You." He tense around me but didn't move. "You're the sick fuck who turned my son into a disgrace!"

"Mr. Tomlinson I-"

"Shut it fag," he spoke to him. "Get out of my church, now! And take that sorry thing," he now pointed to me. "With you!"

"Mark!" My mother wailed. She then appeared by this side and whispered into his ear. My fathers scowl deepened.

"Stay out of it Jay," my mother actually obeyed. Wow. My own mum even gave in.

"Mr. Tomlinson-" he tried again but this time I cut him off.

"Haz." I mumbled so he could only hear. "Please. I just want to leave..." I spoke tiredly. I was emotionally drained. I felt him nod. He removed himself from me but went to put his warm hand at the small of my back. I didn't spare my family a second glance. He lead me out of the church doors and into the car park.

I spotted his black car. The park job was shit, most likely from him being in a hurry. I climbed in and buckled, bringing my legs up and curling in on myself. Before Harry could hop in I spotted Lottie jogging up to him. I couldn't hear anything but she began speaking rapidly. All I could read by her lips was 'I'm sorry', 'be careful', and after Harry said some things her mouth read 'I'll see you then.'

I would of gotten out to hug her but then I noticed my parents yelling at her by their car, gesturing for her to come. Harry watched her leave before turning to the rover, now getting in.

He began driving, not speaking but with the radio on in the background. I was thankful he always did that. He didn't talk to me until he knew I was done sorting things out in my own mind.

To be honest I was still in shock. I don't know what hurt more... The physical pain from the slap, or the emotional pain from my father basically disowning me, and the surprise of the hit. I grew up with my parents always claiming they'd never lay a hand on their own children... Well then again, in the moment I guess I wasn't their child.

I didn't know what I was going to do. I couldn't go home I knew that. I wouldn't doubt Harry would let me stay with him. I was just grateful he was there for me. He was like my safe heaven.

-

We arrived at his flat. We went inside as he locked the door behind us. I headed to the living room and noticed little kid toys still scattered here and there. I figured his family was still here, but they weren't in sight. Harry seemed to have read my mind. "They left when you had called. Said they'd give us time alone. They most likely went to the shopping mall." I nodded. I made my way to the couch and flopped down, proceeding to kick off my vans. I curled up again into the corner of the comfy furniture. Harry disappeared then came back a few minutes later holding two cups of tea. He handed me mine and I thanked him. He set his on the coffee table as he sat down next to me.

He allowed me to finish slurping my drink. It was perfect. I'm thankful I had told him how I liked my tea a while ago. Yorkshire tea, no sugar, one splash of milk. Harry said it was gross and flat tasting, to which I had chuckled to at the time. He liked his tea with lots of sugar, and lots of milk.

I set my empty cup on the table then proceeded to curl into his side. He easily lifted me and set me in his lap. He re-adjusted himself so he was In the crook of the arm of the couch. He nudged his boots off so he could sit with his legs on the cushions. I went into a small ball, my back partly to Harry's chest and the back of the couch. His arms twined around my figured. He squeezed me, but not in a suffocating way. In a warm cozy way. The way that made me feel safe.

I rested my head onto his chest now able to hear the steady beat of his heart. It was slow and calm. Much like his demeanor. His voice was slow, his movements at times, his aura was calming and even slow. I liked it. A lot. I actually love it. "Love what, baby?" He spoke in a deeper tone like he himself was tired. Did I really just do that again? I need to work on that...

I blushed and shook my head. I could feel him chuckle gently. "Okay." He whispered as he kissed my hair and ran his long fingers threw it. "I'm so sorry my love..." I shut my eyes and shook my head no.

"Don't be please... It wasn't your fault. If anything I'm sorry. My father should never of said that to you." I felt him sigh as his chest rose then feel slowly.

"Charlotte wants us to meet her at your house around midnight." He switched the subject. I didn't mind, I was kind of glad he did. I just wanted to forget.

"Why?"

"She's packing a bag of your things for you. Plus she wants to see you. Talk to you." I nodded. It was silent again after that so I gently nuzzled my face into the crook of his neck. I left a few tiny kisses there as a silent thank you. Thanking him for all he's done, basically. He rubbed patterns with his thumb on to my hip where he had lifted my jumper slightly to expose the skin there. I scooted down slightly getting more comfortable.

I eventually ended up sandwiched between Harry and the couch. I draped a leg between his and laid my torso on his inviting chest. He moved so he was now laying down on his back a pillow under his head. I wrapped my arm around his middle and hugged him close to myself as he laced his own fingers together on top of my back as he held me.

Once content I broke the peaceful silence. "Guess this means I'm moving in" I laughed dryly. Harry kept one arm around me as his other hand carded through my hair rhythmically.

"Wouldn't have it any other way, sweetheart." My chest fluttered to the pet name. I felt my eyes grow heavy suddenly as I struggled to keep them open. "Sleep baby," he whispered. I didn't protest as I gently drifted off, the steady rise and fall of Harry's chest and his playing with my hair gingerly lulling me to sleep.

-

*Edited*