chapter 1

3rd Pov:

You are currently on a ship sitting on the floor with your knees up to your chest. There were a lot of men staring at you and you didnt know why but just ignored it. The ship stopped at Whale Island.

Gon's Pov:

I look at Whale Island and my hometown as the ship floats away farther and farther from home. I then hear, "hahahahhaha, the best hunter in the world huh?"

I look back to see who it was, one of the guys said "Kid thinks this will be easy!" Another guy said "Every single year, millions of the world's most skilled applicants apply for the Hunter's Exam. But only a handful made the cut. Be careful about saying stuff you cant back up kid."

As they laugh, I just stared at them and walked around, looking at the people on the ship. I then see a girl that was looking down on the floor, she looked around my age. She has dull yet pretty (e/c) eyes, (h/l) (h/c) hair and was wearing a (fav/ pattern) kimono with black hoari. She also has a muzzle on her. 'Hm, I wonder why she has that on her mouth but she seems very nice and pretty!!', I thought. She looks up and made eye contact with me. We stared at each other for a while before I smiled and waved a bit.

Your Pov:

I feel someone looking at my way so I looked up. I see a boy around my age, he had spiky dark green hair, green and orange vest and shorts and brown eyes.

We stared at each other for a few seconds before he smiled and waved a bit. 'He seems very nice!' I thought and I waved back, giving him a clossed eyed smile even though its hard because of my muzzle. 'Hmm.. I wonder when the captain will say that the exam already started... the hunters that I met were so nice to tell me that!'

Gon's Pov:

I then heard "watcha doin katzo?!" I look at the voice to see three men, one of them has dropped a bunch of fruits.

"With the way things are going for you, you're never gonna make it as a sailor!" said the other man. The two men laughed and kicked the so called "Katzo". I walked down the stairs and kept watching, getting a bit angry as they kept teasing him.

"Hey slackers!! Get back to work!" I heard the captain said.

"Yes sir!!" The two men went back to work. Katzo started panicking and frantically picking up the fruits. Katzo stood up and was about to walk away but I saw a fruit and picked it up.

"Wait!!" I shouted and threw the fruit into the crate.

Katzo caught it and said, "thanks a lot!".

[TIME SKIPPPPPP]

3rd Pov:

As a big storm came, the ship just moved around like crazy with the people inside (apart from You, Gon, Kurapika and Leorio ofc). People kept tumbling and falling over inside the ship, making them sick and unconcious.

Captain's Pov:

"Hey! Take over the helm!" I said to one of the sailors. "Aye aye sir!" Said the sailor but quickly covers his mouth trying not to throw up his guts out.

I walked to where the hunter applicants are.'Damned if this aint the most worthless crew Ive seen in years..' I walked up to the door and looked inside to see a almost all of them either unconcious or sick af. 'Not a one of them has got a sea legs (Yes, I dont really get it too lol) Pathetic!! And they think they can pass the hunter exam?!' I thought and said "theyre good for a laugh, that's for sure!".