Chapter 2

3rd pov:

  After winning over the old captain, Gon, Y/n, Kurapika and Leorio arrived at Dolle Harbor. Where their adventures are just beginning.

Gon's Pov:

  I was with the captain with Y/n beside me while Kurapika and Leorio was waiting. "Thanks a lot captain, That was really fun!" I said happily as I shake his hand.

The Captain laughed and said "I gotta admit I had a pretty good tim myself! Oh yeah, let me give you two a bit of advice. As a small token of my appreciation".

I got curious "Advice sir?"

He then looks away and points at something which I followed, he continued "look, you see that big Cedar tree? The one up on the top of the Hill?". I hummed, agreeing to him.

He then said " you'd wanna make your way there first, its a shortcut to the Hunter's Exam".

I got excited "A shortcut?! Great! So just head for that tree huh? Thanks for the tip captain! Youre the best" I say enthusiatically.

While Y/n bowed in respect and gratitude. Cap replied "Good luck to ya two!", then I feel Y/n grab my hand and tugs on it as if saying that we should go.

I look at her and say full of determination "okay, lets go y/n!". When we started running, I look back at the captain saying "Thanks! Have a safe trip! Take care of yourself!!"while waving goodbye.

3rd pov:

  After Gon told them that he and y/n would be going to the cedar tree, Leorio then spoke "huh, thats odd".

Gon and Y/n were both confused so he said "what is?".

Leorio replied "well uh.. according to this note I received. The exam was supposed to be somewhere is Zaban City, see?" As he showed the two his note. He then started explaining that the tree is the opposite direction of Zaban. They discussed it for more.

Gon's pov:

  I was starting to doubt if the caotain was right or not. 'Maybe the captain made a mistake? Or is this another test to see which one we'll go to? Aaarrrgghh!! This is really confusing me!!! Its too much for my brain!!!' As I started to get irritated and started to furiously rub my head. I then felt another tug on the hand that Y/n was holding. I looked at Y/n "hm? What is it y/n?". She just looked at me and pointed at the Cedar tree with a determined look. I stare at her for a few seconds before smiling and nodding.

I look back at Kurapika and Leorio and said "I think me and Y/n will check it out for ourselves! Find out what the captain was talking about" as me and y/n walking away, holding hands and going towards the cedar tree.

  We heard Leorio shouting for a few moments while I just wave my other hand out. After a few seconds, Kurapika then joined us. I look at him and smiled cheerfully "so glad you can make it!" While y/n nodded cutely which made me and kurapika blush.

He coughed a bit and replied with a "yes, I was also curious to see what the captain is talking about".

Kurapika's short pov:

  I then feel a soft hand hold my left hand. I looked and see it was Y/n, I blushed a bit and looked away. 'Hmm.. I have to admit, she is very childish... but really cute'.

I then heard a "hmph.." I look up to see Gon pouting a bit as he eyed at where my and y/n's hands are connecting. 'I wonder what's wrong.. is there something wrong with our hands?' But I just dismissed the thought as Gon looked ahead. We then here Leorio running towards us, screaming things which I didnt really cared about. I just focused on the road and occasionally glancing at the shorter girl on my left.