Chapter 13

______________________________________

3rd POV:

Netero peeled off the paper and it showed all of the applicants... except for one... Y/n's friends look for her image to pop up but they don't see her in the brackets. The looked to their side where Y/n should be but was met with a curled up sleeping girl. They sweatdropped and thought

'How can she sleep at a time like this?..'

The old man said, "Impressive, right? After all, everyone has at least two chances to win."

But Pokkle commented, "But some people, like numbers 294 and 405, get five chances. Also, I don't see number 406 in any of the brackets"

And Bodoro added, "Why didn't you use a balanced bracket?"

The chairman replied, "Questions that must be on everyone's mind. This bracket was assembled based on your performances throughout the entire exam. Those who performed better receive more chances."

This shocked Killua so he said, "That doesn't sound right. Can you explain how you scored our performances?"

The bearded old man chuckled a bit before shouting, "NO!" As he swung his head from side to side. Which received a "Why not?!" from the albino.

Netero chuckled once more before explaining, "Your scores are classified information. So I can't tell you everything. But I can explain our methods.

First, we consider three major criteria: physical strength, mental strength, and overall impression.

For the physical strength, we use an aggregate of agility, flexibility, endurance, and perception.

For mental strength, we use an aggregate of resilience, adaptability, judgment, and creativity.

However, this information is only used as a reference point. After all, you were strong enough to advance to the final phase. However, we are most concerned with your overall impression. This refers to any intangible factors not previously mentioned. You could consider this an evaluation of your potential as a hunter.

And we also incorporate the opinions of your peers. That was our process!"

Gon raised his hand, catching the attention of everyone, and asked "What about Y/n? Why is she not there??"

Netero snapped his finger and said, "Ah yes! I almost forgot about that, anyone who has a perfect score in the Hunter Exam can immediately become a Hunter without taking the last phase!"

This made everyone shocked (except for Hisoka and Illumi tho), I mean, not to be sexist or rude or anything but a LITTLE GIRL was able to have a PERFECT score?!

Pokkle shouted, "How is that possible?! Did she paid you or something!?"

This made the chairman turn VERY serious and stared into the younger boy's eyes, saying "Listen here young man, Y/n did NOT paid me to give her a perfect score. I cannot tell you everything about her but I CAN tell you one thing, she has more potential and experience about being a hunter than you will ever have" with bloodlust flowing out of his body. This made the whole room feel very heavy and made it very hard to breathe.

But then suddenly... all of the bloodlusts just disappeared. "ANYWAYS, the battle rules are simple. Weapons are allowed. No cheating. If your opponent admits defeat, you win. However! If you kill your opponent, you will be immediately disqualified. All remaining applicants will pass and the exam will end. Are we clear?", Netero said in a happy normal voice as if nothing had happened.

And so... the last phase of the exam finally started..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

After a while, Y/n finally woke up from her slumber. She feels an arm wrapped around her and looks up to see Gon's face.. THAT WAS VERY CLOSE TO HERS.

This made her face red as she slowly pulled away from her face but not leaving his arms. She feels the male slowly wake up, making her sit up. Gon followed her and the two saw Mr. Satotz.

As the two talked about things and stuff... since she didn't listen, that was when Y/n sees his injured arm, she then panics and started humming and frantically trying to catch Gon's attention. But upon seeing his pissed off face, she slowly silenced herself.

It was quiet for a while before Gon angrily stood up and stomps out of the room. This made the girl jump as she looked at Mr. Satotz with dotted eyes and a confused expression. The lilac-colored haired man then said, "I think you should follow him."

She nods and bowed her head slightly as a sign of respect before heading out, trying to find Gon. After a few minutes, she still couldn't find him. The girl pouted and started to get a bit frustrated by the big building cause believe it or not, even though she's a traveler... she has a bad direction when it comes to huge buildings SINCE ALL THE WALLS AND DOORS LOOK THE SAME AND IT'S LIKE AN NEVER ENDING MAZE.

It took her a while to find the room for the applicants since she was still sleepy. But by the time she arrived, they all had their cards already, leaving her the last... she feels the intense atmosphere but she was too frustrated and pouty since she got lost AND GON FORGOT ABOUT HER.

She collected her card and tries to find her friends, only to see Gon walkout to follow Illumi with Leorio and Kurapika trying to catch up to him. She just huffed through her nose and quickly tried to follow them.. since they CLEARLY FORGOT ABOUT HER.

She then hears Illumi say, "Our family lives at the very top." With Leorio mumbling "Kukuroo Mountain.."

By the time she got to them, Gon said, "Got it, thanks" and turned around only to see a cute huffing yet mad Y/n.

Illumi sees the girl, waves, earning a wave as a response.

Gon, Leorio, and Kurapika looked at the two in confusion. Gon just said, "Let's just go Y/n.." as he tried to hold her hand, but the girl pulled her hand away and held Kurapika's instead.

This made the 15-year-old pout and asked, "Heyyy, did I did something wrong?? Heyyyy I'm sorryyyy" But Y/n only pouted as she began to tear up a bit... and tbh.... it was adorable.

The group then started to walk with a teary-eyed Y/n, a confused, guilty, and panicking Gon, a laughing Leorio, and an amused Kurapika.

______________________________________

Word count:1064

Eyy.. so....

The surprise is.... I HAVE MADE A NEW BOOK!! It's a KNY Reader Insert!! Only an Info chapter and an Prologue are posted though... BUT STILL, ITS A NEW BOOK AND THAT'S WHAT YOU WANTED.