Chapter One

"Waa! It's great to accomplish a mission!" Lucy spread her arms as she inhaled the fresh breeze of Hargeon.

"But half of our rewards was used to pay for the properties that Natsu had destroyed," Happy countered, staring at his partner who was busy on looking around.

They're at the train station, heading back to Magnolia. People were passing by with their luggages. Some were just heading off the train came from other town, while the others were also waiting for the train that will send them off to their destination.

"What's wrong, Natsu?" Lucy and Happy looked at each other when their friend didn't answer.

Natsu, on the other hand, was hearing something very faint. Like a baby's voice. It feels like so far away yet so near at the same time.

"Did you hear that?" He asked, glancing at his friends.

"Hear what?"

"A baby."

Lucy furrowed her brows. "Baby?" She went silent to concentrate her hearing. But she couldn't hear anything aside from the usual noises in a train station. "I couldn't hear anything."

"Me too," Happy said just as the train they've been waiting for ten minutes arrived.

"Maybe it's just your imagination, Natsu. Let's go."

Natsu nodded, but suddenly turned pale while staring at the vehicle in front of him. Haa... another hell ride for him.

· · • • • ✤ • • • · ·

The sun was already setting when they arrived at the Magnolia.

The trio were now walking on the street while the great Salamander remained silent, as if drowned to a deep thinking. And this very rare scenario was creeping Lucy and Happy out.

"Do you think Natsu is depressed?" Lucy whispered to Happy worriedly.

"No. I think he was possessed..." Happy covered his mouth with his paws. "...possessed by a good spirit. Pfft!"

Lucy puffed her cheeks, suppressing her giggles. "Bad, Happy."

"I think..." Natsu suddenly mumbled, startling his two companions who were whispering behind him.

"I think, he says?" Happy.

"He's thinking?" Lucy.

"That's new..."

Natsu rolled his eyes as he pouted his lips. He turned around to face his friends. They only stared at him. "I think my bag is unusually heavy."

Lucy raised a brow. "This isn't new. Your bag is full of your foods."

"No. It's heavier, Luce."

"Then check it once you're home," Lucy waved her hands. "See you tomorrow!" She quickly stormed in her apartment which made Natsu groan. He didn't notice that they're already in front of Lucy's apartment.

I didn't even get my hug of good night. Tss.

· · • • • ✤ • • • · ·

Natsu placed his bag on his couch and stared at it for how many seconds. Happy, flying behind him giggled.

"You know, Natsu, you're weird today."

The Fire Mage hummed, holding his chin. "But Luce's weirder."

A pink taint suddenly appeared on Natsu's cheeks as Lucy's cute irritated face appeared on his head.

"Natsu! Get out of my bed!"

"Did you eat my cereal?!"

"Hey! Don't read my novel!"

"Why the heck are you wearing my clothes?!"

He came back to Earthland from his Luce World (that he has built many years ago without him knowing) when his bag suddenly moving. He blinked his eyes, watching how the thing in his bag moves.

"Natsu! Open it!" Happy commanded, now resting on his head. He slowly opened his bag, just to be surprised by what he had seen inside.

"Nhng!"

A very cute baby girl, that maybe only one year of age, was munching her fist while looking up at him. She has a yellowish-pink short hair and a green-colored big eyes.

Natsu felt his heart beating wildly against his chest. He gulped as he looked at happy, pointing his finger on the baby.

"Is this my child?!!"