Chapter Eight

Natsu ran with his maximum speed. Blood was already covering some part of his body because of his bruises but he didn't mind. Physical pain is nothing compare to emotional pain. It's traumatic.

If he couldn't find Luna, her parents would suffer. He would be in pain, so as Lucy. And he doesn't want that.

He's catching his breath when he reached the said station where Luna headed off. He looked around, searching any sign of her.

"Lunaaa!!!"

People were staring at him worriedly. He's full of bruises. His blood was dripping down his arms. Natsu ran off the station and looked around the unknown town.

"Lunaaa!!" He shouted again. Natsu approached the vendor near him. "H-Hey, have you seen a little girl about one year old? She has a yellowish-pink hair and green eyes?"

"N-No, I'm sorry."

He quickly ran towards the other vendor and asked the same question, but gave him the same answer. Natsu gritted his teeth. He tried to ask every person passing by but all of them have the same answer.

No. No one has seen her.

He closed his eyes, preventing his tears from falling. This is all his fault. He's really a reckless and idiotic guy.

"Natsu..."

He had frozen on his feet after hearing that familiar voice. He swallowed hard, fear was slowly taking his senses.

Luce... I'm sorry.

He turned around and was about to apologize to her but his eyes landed on the kid standing in front of him. Natsu's knees weakened that made him kneel down in front of her.

He quickly brought the baby in his arms. The mighty Salamander has just broken down. He cried his heart out on the little girl's shoulder, letting all of the heaviness in his chest out, which startled Lucy and their friends.

"N-Natsu... What happened?"

Erza signaled Juvia, Cana, and Lisanna to leave the three alone. She whispered to Lucy that they'll go back to Magnolia first. She only nodded and thanked them.

Lucy stared down worriedly at her bestfriend. He's bleeding! She doesn't have any idea what's happening that made her worry more.

When she called to Natsu earlier, that was just to ask him where he was because she found Luna slowly walking in the train station.

She was off to a mission with other Fairy girls located in this town, plus she was waiting for a train heading to Hargeon when she saw Luna. Was that a coincidence?

"Natsu..."

Her bestfriend. Her fragile bestfriend at this moment looked up to her and gave her his warmest smile, with his tears still falling down.

She gasped, as if feeling her heart skipped a beat.

"Hi, Luce. How was your mission?"