Chapter Three

Lucy and Natsu was adviced to take care of the baby for the meantime by Master Makarov. He ordered Gray and Juvia to look for the baby's parents which possibly take two or three days since Hargeon is also a big town.

"What?" Natsu hissed at the baby when he saw her reaching for him. Lucy glared at him. They were going down stairs from the Master's office.

"Don't pick a fight with a baby, idiot," she scolded him. "I think she likes you."

Salamander groaned. "I don't like her, Luce! Didn't you know? She pooped on me! She peed on me! She puked on me!!!"

Lucy only raised a brow. But her eyes widened when the baby suddenly sobbed. She threw sharp glares at her bestfriend as she started swinging to calm the baby down while humming.

Natsu doesn't know why he suddenly felt a warm feeling in his chest while watching her holding the baby carefully, smiling at her sweetly, and treating her like her own blood.

He gulped.

Lucy was shocked when someone suddenly snatched the baby from her. And it was Natsu. She furrowed her brows, staring at him in confusion. But the guy only looked away and pouted.

"Let me carry her," he mumbled. "For you."

She only blinked as he walked away from her and sat in front of Wendy and Carla. Lucy bit her lip to suppress her smile. It's just so cute to see Natsu carrying a baby.

"Lu-chan!" She turned around to look at the only person who's calling her with that nickname.

"Levy-chan!" She quickly walked towards her. It's been months since she last saw her girl bestfriend, because she had to stay in their own house since she only gave birth to her daughter with Gajeel.

Lucy stared in awe with the baby girl Levy's holding. She has a short thin blue hair just like her mother, but inherited the red-colored eyes of her father.

She guided Levy to sit down on one of the tables. Their guildmates also gathered around them, excited to see the new member of their family. Gajeel quickly protected his wife and daughter.

"Oi! Oi! Don't go too near! You might squeeze my Shrimps!"

Lucy giggled when she heard Levy frowned. Mirajane offered to carry the baby for awhile. And now, they were left on that table alone while their guildmates were arguing about taking turns holding the six-month old baby.

"How was it?" Lucy asked. "Having a baby?"

"It's hard," Levy replied, smiling. "But the happiness was overwhelming. I hardly get a proper sleep, but Gajeel's there to help me. You know, I was always wishing for a simple and happy family but I didn't know that it's this... wonderful."

Lucy smiled. She's really happy for her friend. To think that she already have her happy ending in a young age, envy her.

She blinked when the Script Mage gave her a malicious smile and asked, "What about you?"

She pointed herself. "Me?"

"Yes. Don't have a baby yet?" Levy smirked and glanced at her flat stomach. Lucy blushed furiously as she covered her stomach with her arms.

"I-I don't h-have a baby, okay?!" she exclaimed. "B-But I'm taking care of one that Natsu found in his bag."

Levy laughed. "Oh. But you do have plan on having your own baby, right?"

Lucy blushed more. She couldn't believe she's hearing this from Levy. "W-What-- N-Not now, okay?! I don't even have a..." her head instinctively turned to Natsu's direction. "...boyfriend."

Her face felt like reached the boiling point when she found out that her bestfriend was also staring at her while playing with their baby.