Chapter Nine: Finale

"You should've brought Gray with you," Lucy said while cleaning his wounds. They were sitting in a train heading to Hargeon. "Look at youself, Natsu. You're full of bruises!"

Natsu only groaned. He was forced to sit properly so Lucy could do her job easily even if he badly wants to throw up. Luna was sitting on her lap, watching him quietly.

"And you, Luna, don't just go leaving your guardian behind, okay?" She's lecturing her. She's really lecturing her. This scene made the Dragon Slayer smiled a bit.

After going through his misery inside a train, it finally stopped and arrived at Hargeon. Lucy slipped Luna to a baby carrier and wore it.

"Lucy, let me carry her," Natsu begged.

"But you still--" she stopped when she saw how his eyes glistened. She sighed and carefully passed the baby carrier to him. "Tell me if some part of your body hurt, okay?"

He only nodded.

While walking, Natsu was taking his last minute to play with Luna. He was even talking to her.

"Be a good girl, Luna."

They finally arrived at the station. A staff welcomed them upon their arrival. They're only the people inside aside from the two staffs so they kinda have a silent atmosphere.

"Hi, we're the Fairy Tail wizards who found and took care of Luna for awhile," Lucy greeted.

"Ah, yes. The parents of baby Luna told us that they might arrive late because Mrs. Clifford has just gotten out from hospital."

She nodded. "We understand."

The guy glanced at Natsu and scanned his body full of bruises. "Are you fine, Sir? What happened?"

Natsu blinked. "A-Ah, I just tripped outside..."

Lucy chuckled that made them stare at her. She only cleared her throat. Tripped, huh...

"Please put her down on one of the baby crib inside," a woman in her thirties escorted them to a wide room with some cribs, toys, beds, and sofas. It's really a room for children. There were also some kids inside.

"These kids are all missing?" Lucy feels sad. She imagined how the parents of these children feels about their missing child. That hurts.

Natsu carefully put Luna down. The baby girl only stared at him. He patted her head once before turning his back but the word that suddenly came out of her mouth stopped him from leaving.

"Papa..."

Natsu's eyes widened. He quickly looked back at Luna who's now smiling at him.

"Papa!"

Lucy giggled at his reaction. She really find him cute with his wide eyes and parted lips, despite of his messy hair.

"L-Luce... she called me Papa!" He laughed, started playing with Luna again.

A warm feeling rushed through Lucy's heart while watching how happy her bestfriend is. He loves Luna. He treated her like his own child. Although he did say that he didn't like her on the first day. This thought made the blonde chuckled.

· · • • • ✤ • • • · ·

After of how many minutes convincing Natsu to get out of the nursery room, he finally obeyed.

He's now pouting and remaind silent behind Lucy. While the blonde mage was talking to Luna's parents.

"Thank you for taking care of my daughter!" The mother bowed a bit as expressing her gratitude. Lucy only smiled and scratched the back of her head.

"You're welcome, Ma'am. It's actually fun having her around."

"Thank you very much!"

The couple bowed again ang gave them a thankful smile before going to the nursery room to get their daughter.

Lucy stared at Natsu when he suddenly dragged her out of the station. Wait, now that she thinks about it, there's a question that hasn't answered yet.

How on earth that kid got into Natsu's bag on the first place?

She was about to ask her friend about that but he suddenly stopped from walking and faced her. She blinked, completely confused on his very serious façade, though a blush was visible on his cheeks.

"Luce..." He looked at her in the eyes. "I think it's the right time for us to have our own Luna and I want to name her Nashi. What do you think?"

She thinks her whole face burned.

•••

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌THE END╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

•••

Thank you so much for reading!^^