Chapter Four

"Hey, is your fist that yummy?" Lucy heard Natsu talking. It became his habit to talk with the little girl about some random things.

Then she remembered something. The name of the baby.

"Luce, we should name this brat." Like what she thought. She sighed and faced Natsu.

"But she already has a name, right?"

"Yeah. But we don't know. We should have atleast a name that we can call her temporarily," Natsu forced the hand of the baby down from her mouth. "Or do you want me to call her brat instead?"

"We should think of a better name," Lucy rolled her eyes. Brat? Seriously?

"I think she's always hungry." She heard Natsu again. "Look, she's always munching her fist."

"That's natural for a baby, Natsu," Lucy replied, looking for a specific store. "So? What name do you want for her?"

"Hmm, since we're both taking care of her, I guess Nashi is nice?"

Lucy looked at him over her shoulder. They were now heading to a baby's store. "Why Nashi?"

"W-Well, it's a combination of our name. Natsu and Lucy (Ru-shi : Japanese pronunciation. Please correct me if I'm wrong, hehe)."

Lucy froze on her feet and stared at him. He only looked away with a slight blush on his cheeks. She suddenly feel some butterflies in her stomach, but she only shrugged it off and continued walking.

"O-Okay. Nashi is... great," she mumbled.

"Anyway, what are we doing here?"

"We have to buy her some clothes and a bottle for her milk. Also a pacifier."

They wandered around the store, placing all the baby stuff they needed in a shopping basket. Natsu and Nashi were just tailing her the whole time. She can even hear Natsu talking to her.

"You should grow into a responsible lady like Luce, Nashi. But don't ever copy her weirdness."

She only shook her head, can't help smiling. After getting all the things they needed, she turned around to go to checkout line but her eyes landed on a swaying Natsu, tapping the baby's back gently.

"Asleep?"

"Yeah."

She stared at him for seconds, making Salamander blush and feel a little bit concious. "W-What?"

"We should buy a baby carrier."

· · • • • ✤ • • • · ·

"Why the hell should I use this, Luce?" Natsu asked irritably while adjusting the strap on his shoulders. He can now freely let go of Nashi because of the pink baby carrier hanging on his strong shoulders, her head leaning on his chest.

"So you can carry her more comfortably!" Lucy giggled. "Look at you, Natsu. You looked like a real father!"

Natsu rolled his eyes as he turned his back at her and started walking.

"If you're the mother then I don't mind."