Chapter Seven

"Gray and Juvia had already found the parents of Nashi, or should I say, Luna," Makarov said and glanced at the baby girl who's looking at him intently.

"Luna?" Natsu raised a brow. "Not bad..."

That's also the combination of mine and Luce's name!

"Yeah. Her parents wished to bring her back within this day. They couldn't travel here to Magnolia because the wife is in the hospital and the husband can't leave her."

"So I have to travel to Hargeon?"

"Yes. Bring Luna to the town's station of missing children. That's where Gray and Juvia found Luna's parents reporting about their lost daughter." The old Master brought out a lacrima communication device. "Here. I heard that Lucy's in a mission. Call her so she can drop by the Hargeon and bid her goodbye's to Luna."

Natsu accepted the device and placed it in his pink bag. "Alright. I'm going now, Gramps."

"Take care of her, Natsu."

He flashed his famous toothy grin. "I will! Just leave it to the expert!"

· · • • • ✤ • • • · ·

Natsu really regret traveling on his own with Luna who needs to be taken care of properly. But how can he do that this time if he can't even think straight whenever riding a train?

He also regret removing the baby carrier before riding the train because he's afraid that he might puke on the poor baby. So now...

...Luna's missing.

He's dead. He's absolutely dead.

He shivered just by imagining the anger of not just Titania, Makarov, the parents of Luna, but also of Lucy. My Luce. He couldn't take her getting mad at him.

But more importantly, Luna's safety. Where the hell is she?! Bad scenarios that might happen to her flooding his mind. And those were enough to make his heart suffer in pain.

Despite the moving train, Natsu tried his best to stand up and search for her. He checked every benches but she's nowhere to be found.

"Damn it!" He bit his lip as the beating of his heart going on an abnormal speed. Tears were making his vision blurry.

"L-Luna... W-Where are you? Ugh!"

He went back to his seat and decided to call Lucy using the lacrima. As he took the bag, he felt something vibrating inside. He quickly opened it and found out that Lucy's calling him.

He answered the call with trembling hand. He rested his head against the seat's backrest and closed his eyes since his motion sickness is still in action.

"Natsu?! Where are you?!"

"L-Luce..."

"Hey? Are you okay?!"

He bit his lip. He can't. He just can't say it to her. "Luce... I promise... I'll do everything to find her."

"What are you talking ab--"

He hunged up and stood again, trying to search for Luna. On one of the benches, an old lady talked to him.

"Are you looking for something? Someone?"

Natsu only smiled weakly. "Y-Yes, have you seen a o-one year old baby--"

"Ah! The one that was walking out of the train earlier?"

The Fire Mage's eyes widened. "W-What?!"

"Yes. I saw her trying to walk but ended up crawling out of the train in the last station. I couldn't get her because of my aching back."

"H-How many minutes--ugh!--has already passed?!"

"About ten."

Great. That's already a long way to run, damn it.

Natsu didn't think twice destroying the train just for him to get out. The passengers started panicking. He jumped out of the moving train, letting his body hit and rolled on the rocky ground, enduring the pain and the bruises he would get.

He groaned as he slowly stood up. This pain is nothing. He had experienced the worst. All the thought that's running in his head is finding Luna.

"W-Wait for me, Luna."