3. Town

ARIEL'S POV

"GOD! ITS SO FREAKING COLD." Emily said as soon as we walked out of the airport. I chuckled at her. But she was right. It was very cold here. We had reached a nearby airport to the Death Valley. From here we were going by a private bus. Finally the day had arrived when we start this new project. I am very excited.

I felt an arm wrap around my waist and I instantly knew who it was.

Daniel kissed my cheeks as I snuggled closer into him.
"Are you cold? I can give you my jacket you know." He asked looking at me.

"Won't you be cold?" I asked frowning.

"I don't feel cold. I am hot already." He said with a mischievous smirk on his face.
I laughed at him. From the corner of my eye I saw Camilla glaring at me. I turned my face to her but she quickly looked away like she was never staring.

Strange bitch.

We sat in the bus that Taylor had booked for us.

Emily came to sit beside me but Daniel quickly took a seat next to me. Emily glared at him and then looked at me.

"Ariel he sat with you the entire flight. Now its my turn to sit with you." She said stomping her feet.

"What are we? 5? That you are whining for such things Jones."
Daniel teased her. She didn't reply him but instead looked at me for an answer. She was right. She didn't get any chance to be with me. She is my best friend. I should give her time.
"Daniel...she is right. Can you please go and sit with Taylor? Please." I said with my puppy eyes.

He was going to argue but agreed. I know my puppy eyes always work.

He stood up and went to sit at the back. I felt bad for him but I couldn't do anything. Emily is my friend too.

She sat beside me with a smile.
"I don't know what you see in that jerk." She scowled.

I glared at her. "Hey! He is not a jerk." I said.

She just chuckled and shook her head.

"So what happened with Taylor? You guys were together the whole flight." I said with a smirk. I could see pink crept up on her cheeks but she tried hiding it with her hands.
"Aww you are blushing." I said laughing.
She just slapped my arm playfully.

The rest of the 2 hours journey was pretty silent and calm. The surroundings were beautiful. The roads were lined with lush forests from both sides. We could see huge mountains with snow cap at a distant.

It was very beautiful. We also heard wolf howls on our way. That means there are wolves in the forest. We need to be extra careful.

Soon we reached a gate with a board.
WELCOME TO DEATH VALLEY

FINALLY!

There was a police station and a check post at the entrance. Thank god Kevin had already taken all the permissions. The cops told us to come out of our vehicle as they had some instructions for us.

We stepped out of the bus and entered the police station which had only 3 officers. Strange.

They made us stand in a line next to each other. The buff looking officer started speaking.

"I am officer Nathan. And these are Joshua and tom. Welcome to the Death Valley. As you know that this town is believed to have destroyed 5 years ago by a legendary beast. We still don't have any proofs about it but still it is in our interest to believe it and follow the rules. Because if not the beast, the wolves will surely eat you."
Everyone gasped at his words.
"There is only one lodge here which is half a mile from here. The town site starts from there. You are advised to come back to your rooms before six in the evening. Staying outside in the dark is dangerous. Even we stay in the lodge after six. You can roam around the town and do your work but be careful of not to enter the forest. It is dangerous. If you are lost in the forest then we will not come to save you. And these are government orders. The lodge has a owner, manager, cook and a butler. They are locals. They were saved from the attack of the beast as they were out of town that night. But you can still inquire them about any facts and all. If you get some different facts that are not known to us then you are immediately going to inform us. And if we find voilation of our rules or property then the next moment you are out of this place. Am I clear?" He asked in a loud voice.
"Yes sir." We all said in unison.