13. Lost

ARIEL'S POV

"Get ready Ariel. I am taking you somewhere that you will get answers to all your questions."
Alexander said looking into my eyes.

I dont know if I should trust him but after getting betrayed so many times I don't think I am scared of anything else.

I nodded my head at him so he understands my answer. I dont trust my voice so much. It has turned hoarse from so much crying and my throat feels so dry.

"I will show you the bathroom so you can freshen up." Alexander's voice broke the chain of my thoughts. I again nodded. It was then I noticed the beautiful room I was in. It was so royal and looked rich. Alexander must be very rich to buy this castle. If my situation had been different  then I definitely would have loved to jump on this soft cloud like bed. I know I sound childish but that's how the bed is. The whole room is amazing.

I realised that I didnt have my bag with me only my sling bag was kept on the bed side table.
(A/N maybe Alexander kept it there when he brought her home.)

"I will arrange you some clothes. Dont worry." As if sensing my thoughts Alexander spoke.

Tears started forming in my eyes. My own people betrayed me but this stranger is helping me in everything. I can't even thank him for whatever he is doing for me. I dont have anything to give him.

I felt someone wipe my tears away. I looked up at Alexander who had sadness in his eyes like he could feel my pain. It was like he could feel everything I am feeling. He was a gift of god to me. He was my saviour.

I sobbed and controlled more tears from falling down. I couldn't help but feel ungrateful of myself. I can't give him anything. I am just taking his help for solving the problems in my life.

"I...I can't pay back for anything that you are doing for me. Thank you for helping me Alexander. Thank you very much. I will always be grateful to you." I said with a throaty sob escaping my throat. He cupped my face in his hands and leaned down to my level.

"You dont need to ever thank me or pay me back. Whatever I am doing is just nothing. Its my duty to protect you and care for you." His words were sweet but they made me confuse. Why does he say that its his duty to protect me? I dont even know him properly.

"Why? Why are you being so good to me, Alexander?" I asked looking up at him. He closed his eyes for a second as he heard his name pass from my lips but opened them the next moment. The smile on his lips was enough to melt my heart. He was really good looking and kind hearted too. I wish Dan- No! I can't think about him now. I should forget about him.

"I care for you and I will always do that. You will understand soon, little one." The way he called me little one, I feel like I have heard someone call me like that in an exact same way. But who? I dont remember anybody calling me that.

I nodded meekly at him. He smiled before rubbing his nose on mine making me giggle.

"Come, I'll show you the bathroom and then you can also get changed." He said taking my hand in his. How can I miss the tingles that shot up on my skin from his touch. His touch was unique and I was liking it. But it was wrong. Very wrong. I dont even know him properly and I don't think I will be able to love or trust someone again.

We walked into a very beautiful bathroom. It had a round bathtub in the middle and candles lit around. This was really royal. The expensive marble was so clear that I could see my reflection in it.

"I will send some clothes and other necessities for you. Call me if you need anything." He said before leaving. I sighed.

I went to the mirror near the sink and gasped at my appearance. I looked horrible. My mascara had smudged and came down on my face because of the tears. How can Alexander not even laugh at my appearance? My hair was a mess and I could notice a twig in that. My clothes were covered in dirt from falling on the road.

I really need a warm bath. I stripped from my clothes and threw them in a laundary bag before jumping into the tub with warm water. The body wash and shampoo smelled like Alexander and I liked his smell. I was glad to use his products as now I also smelled like him. After a few minutes I felt a knock on the door.

"Yes?" I called.

"I am keeping the clothes here on the bed. Don't worry I am leaving the room." Alexanders voice boomed through the bathroom.

"Yeah." I said continuing my bath.

It must have been afternoon now. It was early morning when I had met Alexander in the forest. My mind went back to the dark creatures. They were so horrible and could kill me in the snap of their fingers. But why do I feel like they did not mean to harm me? Because if they had to kill me then why didn't they come after me when I ran? And why didn't they hurt Alexander?

Wait! Why was Alexander in the forest in early morning knowing that there are dangerous wild animals around. Does he know the dark creatures? No! What am I even saying? I am gone mad by falling on my head I guess. But Thank god I dont have any injuries.

I came out of the bath and dried myself with a fresh towel. I wrapped it around myself tightly. My clothes that Alexander had brought were outside in the bedroom. So I slowly opened the door to the bedroom and peeked outside to check if Alexander was there. After confirming that he was not there, I slightly came out of the steaming bathroom. My body instantly felt cold as my foot touched the floor. I rushed to the bed with speed as I saw a dress lieing their. It was nice and I wasted no time in wearing it.

I

let my hairs open and cascade on my back. I wore than sandals that were kept with the dress. Thankfully it was all my size. Its like Alexander knows my perfect size. I laughed at my own thoughts. Woah! Alexander's mere thoughts are making me laugh. Thats something new. I went outside the room searching for Alexander. I had not seen the castle when he brought me here but now that I see it I can't help but gasp at its beauty. Its so beautiful with entricate designs on walls and ceilings having the most beautiful Chandeliers I have ever seen.  Huge paintings of royals hung on the walls. It was one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. I would be so lucky to live here forever. What am I even saying? Thats not possible. After a few days I will have to go back to New York.

I realised that while admiring the Castle I had now lost my way. It was like a maze and I couldn't find my way. I started looking here and there frantically to see what way I came. But now all the walls and paintings seem the same. I cant get myself out of here.

I began to get panic and called Alexander's name. But I know he cant here me. I am in some other corner of  this Castle. A tear fell down from my eye as the thought of the dark creature coming to me came through my mind. I shook my thought away and wiped the tear. I am safe here. I chanted in my mind.

And like always My knight in shining armour came running towards me with worry laced face.

"Ariel.....what are you doing here?" He asked me with concern.

"I was lost. I was searching for you." I said. He pulled me to his chest and hugged me tightly. He seemed relieved seeing me alright. What am I saying? Why will he be relieved?

"I thought something happened to you. You dont have to search for me. Just call my name and I will be there." He explained cupping my face.

"What if you are busy?" I asked him with frown.

"I am never too busy for you. You can call me anytime." He assured me.

"You were going to take me somewhere" I said looking up at him.

"Yeah. But lets have our lunch first."