19.Recall

Alexander stood on the cliff in his beast form. His beast was strong and powerful, but right now he was hurt and yearning for his mate. Her words had hurt him.
But he knew that all this was the result of her lack of memory. She had forgotten him and their love. All these things she thought about him were because she had forgotten his past. She was unaware of the pain he has went through.

'"We are not good enough for mate. We don't deserve her."

Alexander shook his head at his beasts words.

"Its not like that. It is happening because she does not remember us. She does not know about our past and our love. But I am sure after she recalls then she will come back to us as the same Ariel she once was. Our Ariel." He said.

The cold breeze reminded him of her words. She thought of him as a cold hearted killer. The words had pierced through his heart. He wished if he could do something to get her memories back.

"Your highness..."he heard Michael's voice behind him. He turned around to look at the loyal servant who had followed him all the way here to check up on him.

"Yes?" The beast asked.

"Its late. You should come back to the Castle. Her highness the queen is alone." He said making Alexander look away.

"She must be happy alone, away from me." He grieved.

Michael shook his head and took a few steps towards his king.

"No my lord. The queen is just not aware of your love and longing. Please don't feel bad. One day she will surely come for you." He said.
He was well aware of his masters loneliness. He had seen Alexander's grief for his mate.

"She won't ever remember. She will continue hating me." His master said.

"Please don't loose hope. I will try to tell her. Then maybe she will..." he trailed off as his master suddenly growled loudly shaking the Earth below them. Michael gasped at his anger.

"Mate is in danger!" He said before running towards the Castle.

___________________________________

In the castle, Ariel sat near the balcony, looking at the outside forests that surrounded her. She had once lived here though she couldn't remember. Her mind went to the visions she had about her past. In the one which she was getting dragged by so many people flashed through her mind making her shiver in fear. What was happening with her? And why had she called for Alexander? He is so cruel and dangerous then why did she call him for help? Did she trust him so much. She shook those thoughts away. Her stomach growled loudly making her cheeks flush. She thanked god as no one heard her. She had not eaten in a long time.

She opened the rooms door and walked outside. As she descended down the stairs and walked to the kitchen she heard the main door slam. The sound was so loud that she flinched.

"Michael?" She called as she walked to the main door. She could here commotion.

She gasped as she took in the scene in front of her.

A few men in clothes like hunters stood in front of her. They all were looking at her with anger.

"Who are you?" She asked them.

One of them pointed his finger at her. "She is the one!" They yelled at her. She took a step back as all of them give her a murderous look.

"What-who are you?" She yelled. They rushed to her and as an instinct she let out a scream and started running back to her room. The men started to follow behind her to catch her. Soon one of them caught hold of her arm and she yelped. They harshly turned her to look at them. She was already crying and tried to free herself.

"My father made a mistake last time by leaving her alive. She is the reason for his demise. She is the reason for the beasts break out. She should die in order to finish the beast." One of them yelled. Ariel shook her head.

"No...I haven't done anything. Please don't hurt me!" She cried. She did not understand what was happening.

The man let out a sinister laugh and grabbed her hairs. She hissed in pain.

"Shut up you Ungrateful Girl. We had given you an opportunity to leave the beast 5 years ago. But still you came back and disrespected the sacrifices of our families.

Because of you our Fathers died. The beast does not deserve any love and not at all from someone like you." He said licking his lips. His stare made her uncomfortable and she started struggling in their hold.

The man yanked her arm and then threw her on his shoulder. She started hitting his back but her attempts did not help.

"Help! Somebody help!" She yelled as the man started walking towards the bedroom.

Fear consumed her as she started to panic.

He threw her on the bed and her head banged loudly on the head board. She started loosing her conscious but the last thing she saw was the door broke off its hinges.

___________________________________

The couple sat in the garden together in the bright sunny day.
The handsome man started telling her his story. He was hurt. He had been punished more than he deserved. And the only thing that could help him come out of his darkness was the girl. His little love. It was me. I was the one for him. I had promised him that I will never leave him and always love him. Yet I couldn't keep my promise.

We were separated by the cruel world around us. How could I forget the betrayal by my own people? How could I forget my love? How could I ever forget him?