Chapter 3

" you've never seen a sunset before ?" he asks.

" No, I have but this one is so beautiful". I say

" I've seen more beautiful things " he says

I see that he's turned his head to face me but I'm still in love with the sunset so I don't turn. I stay like that until he breaks my line of thought.

" A rose, for my rose" he says.

Picking a flower and handing it to me.

" ow" he says. Holding his finger closely to his chest. 

As I see the droplets of blood fall to the ground. I see a cut  made from a thorn. It hurt me that he hurt his finger just to get me a flower.

" wait right here " I say and take of my school white shirt and cut a piece of it. A piece of the sleeve and wrap it round his finger.

" thank you " he says

" but I'm a big boy. I can handle a thorn" . He says

" we wouldn't want it to get infected now do we?" I say.

He looks at me slowly. His lips falling from his smile and I'm scared of his gaze. A cold one that makes me shiver and I feel it from my spine. He smiles again, a warm friendly smile and just for a second I forget he just hurt his finger .

I open the basket  to see cute neat triangle sandwiches and and assortment of jams.

" this is really sweet". I say.

He just smiles and eats his sandwich.

After lunch he finally speaks.

" it's not unusual is it ?"   

" what is?" I say.

" you don't find it unusual?" he asks. 

Thinking now he's slowly changed his mind about me. I begin to panic and look anywhere else but his face. 

" I don't think I follow" I say.

" well I'm always alone and I don't go to school or I don't have parents. Haven't you ever wandered ?" He asks.

" No, I haven't " I say.

Realizing that as a matter of fact I did a bit, but later decided to forget about it. I didn't put much thought into it and I didn't care. It was the boy that I found interesting. He in-fact makes me smile and I enjoyed that they weren't any adults to supervise us. I didn't need adults around. Plus it makes us feel like we were adults. It made him seem older and dignified. I enjoyed it.
I continued to break the silence. 

" did you want to tell me " I say.

" no, I just wondered if you ever thought about it" he says.

" no I haven't " I repeat.

" ok, then". He says as he starts to get up.

  " It's getting late you better be on your way before your mother kills us both " . He says as he gives his hand to me so I can try and  get up.

" For now, I doubt she cares". I say. Getting up and dusting myself.

" then you can stay a little " he says.

Looking like a small boy who's been given an extra cupcake by his mother. His eyes shined and I couldn't say no.

" for today, I can stay as long like as you like " . I say