Chapter 9

Of course the girl did met the beast that was reality . Not only was it too late but the effect time had on her was no more a tragedy . It was now a comedy, one she created at her own expense. If she was smart , she would have gone to her mother and stayed there . After all the saying was indeed true, a devil Known is better than an angel unknown.

I got up from the table and cleaned myself up with the breakfast napkin. I didn't want to go into the actual house alone. I wouldn't feel comfortable. I sat on the chair unmoving and he came back from wherever he went. it was funny how I don't even notice him leave . He scared me enough to keep me in a trance . I was in my own head till he put fruits in my plate and I wasn't really in the present . 

" you cleaned yourself up ?" he said.

" yes ". I replied 

". How ? " he questioned . 

". With this napkin ". I respond . 

He looks at me with a grin. One that seems like he's used. He offered to show me his piano in the house but I slowly decline . Not wanting to spend anymore time here than I have to . He all of a sudden changes and seems completely sad. it is now when my emotions come into play. It hurt me when other people were sad . As quiet as I am. I was always happy or angry , never sad. I didn't have the enact of falling in despair or feeling sorry for myself . I just went wherever life threw me . After all , it did land me in some nice places , like this one .   

" are you okay ? " I ask 

He nods his head slowly not looking up to meet my face and I know he's crying . Maybe not on the outside but in the inside . Whatever it is , this boy seems to be going through something and I don't want to be stuck helping a depressed person . I'm no good with handling emotions . 

I don't know how to lie and say everything will be alright . So instead , I break out of my normally shy and quiet personality. 

". Tag?" I question . 

He looks up and meets my eye with a very quiet but appreciative smile . 

" your it " He says as pushes me on the ground . 

It shocks me that I still don't realize he'll keep pushing me. I'm surprised every time he does it . It's he keeps on doing it .

After some hours of running and playing . I realize it's time for me to go .   

". I need to go home " I shout . So he can hear me from where he's standing.  

   ". Are you sure ?" He asks  

   " that may not be a good idea " he adds on.

   ".  What do you mean   " I say .

   Before I realize what's happening I'm on the ground and everything   becomes dark .