Will you marry me?

Two months has passed since the downfall of the black organization. a lot of things has changed and a lot of things had happened, it was a good two  months to some people and the worst two months to others.
the kids who were in middle school are now in high school, and who were in high school graduated to be college students.
The same went to Shinichi and Ran and their friends, they're now college students. It was two months and life has changed.

:it's been two months aren't you tired of sleeping, a lot of people are waiting for you to open your eyes, hakase is waiting for you, and Ran too she visited you yesterday did you feel her presence? She keeps asking me why do I care about you so much she doesn't know that you're my partner and best friend but she will understand, you need to wake up quickly hakase is about to explode, he's not sticking to his diet I know he's doing this because he misses you, he thinks if he doesn't eat healthy you will wake up.
Shiho come on wake up , I'm waiting for you".
And like that shinchi would keep talking to her about everything happened in his life, what bothered him, what made him excited and what made him angry. The nurses in the hospital started talking and they're crazy about him, the nurses would always wait at the reception area for him to walk in at the same time everyday, he was never late.

It's been two months and shiho is in a coma, shinchi stayed with her everyday and the professor came every morning and went home at night, he and shinchi would switch places whenever shinchi had a case. ran and sonoku visited too, and you can imagine how shocked they were when they found that shiho is their mystery hero. And her name is in fact shiho but shinchi told them that she had to lie about her name because, she was being watched and they bought it. they visited her every now and then.

but something inside Ran told her that shinchi's interest in his partner is unusual and shinchi didn't bother to tell her that he knows shiho he didn't feel like explaining anything.
Shinchi was drifting away and ran is scared if shinchi's interest in shiho is something else, what if what she fears was true?

One afternoon when shinchi and ran had a late lunch in their favorite restaurant, they were talking. Oh but Ran could tell shinchi wasn't focused with her he kept nodding and laughed when she laughed but, his eyes weren't focusing on her.

Ran became suspicious with every passing day and the fear was controlling her : tell me shinchi how come you and shiho san know each other?
Shinchi felt nervous but why would he? : well do you remember the case that kept me away for a long time?
Ran nodded
: I met shiho in that case, she was one of the victims who the organization destroyed their life. And we worked together since then.

He didn't tell ran everything, it was shiho's personal life. he didn't have the right to speak about it to anyone even if it was ran.

As for ran, jealousy was creeping into her 'then they knew each other for over a year? And he didn't even think to tell me? Anything could happen in a year, after all she's pretty no not only pretty she was stunning and , from what shinchi told me she was interested in crimes and investigating, what if something happened between them when they worked together ?'

She tried to get answers from shinchi who was texting hakase
"How's shiho? Any movements?"
Hakase answered with a simple no and shinchi felt miserable, he was lost in his thoughts when ran's voice brought him back to reality
: tell me shinchi did something happened between you and shiho san?
Shinchi looked at her confused: what do you mean?
: I don't know anything worth mentioning?
Shinchi gave her a stupid look at first but, then when he realized what she meant his face was red and he got angry: ran you must be kidding nothing happened between us, we're just partners stop imagining things.

Ran's blood was boiling, how could he be so insensitive, I'm dying from jealousy and, here he's as cool as a cube of ice. She looked at him anger flickering in her eyes, grabbed her bag and got out of the restaurant. Shinchi facepalmed and followed her: ran ran wait
He grabbed her arm: tell me why are you angry I don't get it?
Ran: shinchi you're not honest with me, you keep hiding things from me.
Shinchi was confused this time: are we talking about the same thing? because I don't think I'm following

They were standing in a park no one is there ran looked at him with her sad eyes: why didn't you tell me you knew shiho san for a long time? How come you didn't even mention her in front of me for once? I keep thinking that something happened between you two, I feel like there's something but I can't see it.

Shinchi's cheeks were turning red and it wasn't because of the hot weather: ran I told you there's nothing at all between us. Stop imagining things
Ran held his hands: shinchi ever since shiho san got in a coma, I feel like you're drifting away, slipping out of my hands, I love you shinchi and I don't want to lose you.

Shinchi: I love you too ran, and I'm not going anywhere.

Ran thought for a minute and asked: shinchi what's in the end of the road?
He didn't get what she meant he looked left and right : what road?

Ran rolled her eyes, sometimes you can't believe how he became a detective : our road shinchi, we've known each other since childhood shinchi, and we've been dating for six months now what dose the future hold for us?

He kept quiet he knew what she meant but , he never thought about the future, not now at least.
of course he wanted to marry and have a big family, he could picture himself and his kids. but he couldn't see his wife's features, when he was a kid he was sure that ran was in this picture he had in his mind but now, he couldn't tell if he saw ran in his future as his wife. Why didn't he think about it before?

He was quiet for too long and Ran was losing her patience, she let go of his hand and walked away.

Shinchi without even thinking the thought that hasn't even crossed his mind he blurted out loud to her: Ran will you marry me?

Hello everyone, it's me your loyal writer I hope you didn't forgive me
I apologize for not updating for a long time, but a lot of things happened
So, I'm back and as you can see I deleted some chapters because they were not in order
So yeah..
see you next chapter