Irene adler

'Oh god, I regret what I said now'
She looked at the girl in front of her who was on the verge of crying, her hands shaking and her eyes wide

Shiho honestly wanted to stab herself and she did something she didn't do before, she held ran's hand tightly and said looking into her eyes "ran san, nothing whatsoever happened between me and kodu kun, we're just partners nothing more nothing less"

"You.. you said maybe" ran said feeling a little relived

"Yeah, I said that because we're in an awkward situation if you didn't notice, well that got more awkward "

She said scratching her cheek "I thought a little joke might melt the ice, turns out it was a bad idea" said shiho who was still holding ran's hand

"I was worried, because shinchi was so close to you, you two seemed to understand each other so well" ran said looking at her hand.

"We understand each other because we work together ran san, we need to understand each other to get the job done, but you're his fiancée, you are his present and future, he's in love with you.
You don't need me reminding you that right?" she said these words without hesitation, but she really was dying inside, it's hard to admit it but she lost the hope and muttering it out loud made her believe that she really will never be more than a partner.

Ran smiled a little looking at the ring and then looked at her "so you're not in love with shinchi?"

'Oh, I'm in love with him I'm deeply in love with him, and fell in love with him that I lost the way and I don't mind not finding it' she wanted to say that but ...

"No, I see kudo kun as a partner that's all"

'Lier' that word was repeated in her head like a broken record.
Ran believed her but she somehow can feel that something was off but, she brushed it.

And the two girls continued to drink their tea in silence.

"Heyy, kudo long time no see you cuckoo" heiji said hugging his friend.

Shinchi laughed and hugged him back "you're right, I can't believe I'm saying this but I missed you man"
He then greeted kazuha and told her that the girls are here too.
The three headed upstairs and shinchi called ran asking where were they

"They're coming" said ran placing her phone in her bag and took a sip of her tea.
Shiho didn't show it but she was getting tired and she wished to go home.

"Say shiho san, would you like to come camping with us? Since heiji and kazuha are here, I thought about maybe we could all go camping together?"

Shiho didn't know what to say, and thank god she was saved when shinchi and the other two friends came.

They sat together and greeted each other
Shinchi sat next to ran, and kazuha and heiji next to each other, and shiho on a chair in the middle.

Everyone was talking and eating but heiji was looking at shiho as if she was some creature, shiho understood him it was the first time he sees her in her true form but, she wished he would stop.

Shinchi also noticed it and kicked heiji under the table and glared at him 'stop staring' that what his eyes said so, he stoped for the time being and waited to get a full and detailed explanation from the two of them later.

Everyone was talking quietly and shinchi and ran held hands every now and then, and heiji and kazuha was in that flirting and not admitting phase and shiho was eating in silence, she felt not like a third wheel but, a fifth wheel and she couldn't help but glannce at the detective and her eyes were glued to the ring on his finger.

For the first time she wished that sonoku who left early was there at least she won't be the only single one in here.
besides, she started to get really tired her muscles were aching she walked a lot today so, she decided to call it a night and excuse herself "well, it was nice meeting you heiji kun and kazuha san but, it's getting late and I should be home now hakase must be on his way back i need to cook dinner for him "she stood up and was about to walk, when shinchi stood up too "we're all finished we will go together shiho".

And the group walked out of the coffee and was heading to the gate when ran grabbed kazuha's arm and showed her a dress "guys you wait here we will not take long just a few minutes" and the two girls headed to the shop

The other three looked at each other and, felt like it will take them longer so, shiho walked slowly to sit on a chair.

"You walked a lot today, your muscles must be aching" shinchi said sitting next to her
"Yeah" she said massaging her arms and leg
Heiji sat next to them "I'm not asking questions now, tomorrow you explain everything to me"

Shinchi nodded and grabbed a book out of his back and opened the first page and started reading.

Shiho tilted her head and looked at what he was reading and smirked "A Scandal in Bohemia? I think you now should be able to memorize Sherlock holmes books by heart tante kun"

"I got bored and I bought it from a bookstore"

"This is the only book where Irene adler is ever mentioned right?" Heiji asked suddenly.

"Even though she was mentioned in this book only she gained a great attention" stated shinchi.

"Maybe because she was Sherlock's love interest?" Shiho said as if she was thinking.

"I agree with you watson wrote in the first chapter here look" the detective leaned closer to her showing shiho the page and, he was able to smell the faint smell of the perfume she was wearing it was a mix of some kind of flower and something else 'what is it' he thought! He tried hard to focus on the book in his hands and started reading to her the first few sentences

"To Sherlock Holmes she is always the woman. I have seldom heard him mention her under any other name. In his eyes she eclipses and predominates the whole of her sex"

"Well since you're Sherlock that means Ran san is your Irene adler, dose that makes me watson?" She said smirking.

"You know shiho, irene reminds me of you more than ran dose " he said without thinking.

Shiho felt the heat rising in her cheeks and she could tell that her cheeks were turning red.

"Dose this mean, shiho is your irene adler kudo?" Heiji asked in a wide eyed

"What? No no" shinchi realized what did heiji just implied to, and he covered his face "I meant that her personality reminded me of shiho that's all, I didn't mean anything else"

"Yeah, now that you said it, it makes sense, even though she used to trick people and she was cunning, she stayed loyal to Sherlock" heiji said to shinchi who nodded in response, and was stealing glances at shiho

"Is that so tante kun? " She said looking at the other side, trying to hide her red face

As for shinchi he slammed the book shut and stood up, and so did shiho
"I'm going to take a walk" he said.

"And I'm going to see where the girls are" she said.

And the two left Heiji alone on the chair "hey, guys where are going? Come on this was getting interesting"

Here's a new chapter
Quick question, who had read a scandal in bohemia? And did you like it?

And I don't know who made the fan art but thank you

Sending love wherever you might be💙