Mixed feelings

When one loses hope, anger controls the soul ..

It has been three days since shiho got discharged from the hospital, everything was alright, her wounds were healed , and the doctor told her that she needs to start moving slowly and walk and after a few weeks she need to start with light running since she's been in a coma for to months she needs to get used to moving again little by little.

The three days since she got out of the hospital wasn't as quiet as she wished for, hakase would jump to her side whenever she tried to do anything, he came to her running just because she wanted to grab the remote control.
"hakase seriously, I'm fine you don't have to help me with everything"
Hakase said "no, no we need to be careful until your body get used to moving around, remember what the doctor said start slow, VERY SLOW"
Shiho rolled her eyes "grabbing a remote is literally the slowest thing"

And on the second day shinchi visited them, he brought them back home when shiho got discharged, but didn't stay with them for a long time, since he had to go to meet ran and her dad, ran told him that he need to get along with her dad now that they are engaged.

So when it was the second day he came to hakase's house early in the morning, and he was worse than the professor, he didn't even let shiho raise her hand to do anything.

When it was afternoon, Ran and sonoku came to visit and they all sat in the living room.
The professor came back with tea and cake, and sat next to shiho and held her hand, ever since she woke up from the coma he became more tender and more considerate, and showed how he cared for shiho
And shiho noticed it but she didn't comment about it, on the contrary she was enjoying it, so when the professor held her hand she squeezed his hand.

Shinchi noticed them and he was so happy, he could see them like a father and his daughter.

Sonoku talked first: so shiho san how come you got shot in the first place?
Ran nudged her friend who looked at her and asked "what?" Even though ran really wanted to know what happened to her because, she felt that the party shinchi went to had a strong connection to what happened to shiho, she felt that it wasn't right to ask her about what happened as soon as she wakes up.
Shinchi was looking at sonoku and anger flickering in his eyes: what kind of questions is that? She just woke up sonoku

Shiho smiled: it's alright kudo kun, well let me tell you this sonoku san, i got shot because I participated in a mission to stop an operation a big organization was doing, and i got shot by mistake.

Sonoku was hearing what shiho says in awe: it must be dangerous

Ran asked: is it the same mission shinchi had to participate in? Was it a masquerade party?

Shiho looked at shinchi who nodded: yes but we met there again, it was a total coincidence
He said the last sentence and smiled at shiho who smiled back
Yes a total coincidence... he repeated in his mind. 

His memory took him back to when shiho disappeared, it was like a nightmare to him
'I will never let her out of my sight again'

Ran and sonoku looked at each other with raised eyebrows, so sonoku raised ran's hand and literally sticked it to shiho's face who tried hard to suppress her laugh

Sonoku: professor did you know ran and shinchi got engaged?

The professor who held shiho's hand tighter: yes, shinchi told us when he visited shiho in the hospital with ran

Ran was blushing and shinchi too who when the subject opened hid his hand where the ring was behind his back.

Shiho noticed what he did , it was just like what he did in the hospital.