Red Chrysanthemums

She opened her eyes slowly, the light is almost blinded her, she looked around wondering "where am I? I thought I died"

:good morning sleeping beauty?
She looked at the door and, she saw a nurse coming to her with a needle "oh I'm in the hospital".
She looked around again, looking for the professor or anyone she knows but there was no one.
:how... long have i been unconscious?
The nurse looked up thinking, and raised two fingers and smiled to her: umm two months
Shiho almost fainted again: you must be kidding?
The nurse laughed and told her about what happened to her : oh and your father was so worried about you, he cried when they brought you here.
Shiho smiled remembered the professor's face she doesn't remember what happened in the last two months but, she remembers voices she heard, familiar voices. the professor talked to her a lot she feels like, if she was awake she would've got a headache.

:oh and your boyfriend, he's the one who brought you here, he went crazy and almost knocked the building on our heads. He cried so much, and had a fight with the doctor when he declared that you were in a coma.

Shiho looked at her: what are you talking about? what boyfriend? she doesn't have a...
"Oh" she knew who was the nurse talking about. The nurse finished her job and checked her vital signs and  , went out to call the professor and inform him that the patient is awake.

When hakase got the phone call he flew to his  yellow beetle car and, drove to the nearest flower shop to get his adopted daughter the most beautiful bouquet. He called shinchi on the way who left whatever he was doing and took a cab straight to the hospital.

Meanwhile, shiho was alone in the room thinking " what's gotten to the nurses in this hospital since I woke up until this moment, they kept talking about him and how he cared for me"

Suddenly she found herself hoping again " what if he really felt the same? What if his feelings changed?" she smiled and decided to tell him what she felt as soon as she finds a chance.
Poor shiho didn't know what was coming, what's coming is going to shatter her hope into peaces

...................................................
Sonoku: you're kidding, so you're engaged now?
Ran nodded and her jaw was about to fall from all that smiling, she was so happy : yes, it was so sudden we were talking about what future holds for us and he blurted out "ran will you marry me? ". I stood there for a minute so shocked, and he didn't even have a ring can you imagine?. I laughed so much at his facial expression, and we quickly went to the nearest shop and bought a ring.

Sonoku said in a dreamy voice: waahh that's so romantic, I'm so happy for you ran. To be honest I thought it will take that stupid detective another ten years to propose to you.

Ran's smile faded and she went back to yesterday's events, every girl in her place would be on the seventh cloud if her boyfriend proposed to her. But she felt that shinchi proposed to her without even thinking, his eyes were shocked from what he said. But ran quickly answered yes to him she was so happy at that moment, she tried to forget the negative thoughts that crept into her mind.

Shinchi opened the door wide open and stopped for a second, he was out of air, his hands on his knees and panting so hard after all that running. He composed himself and looked at her she was half sitting on the bed a small smile is painted on her face
:you're late tante kun
Shinchi took big steps in a way that showed that he was angry, he hugged her so tight: you stupid girl why did you take so much time to wake up? What was I supposed to do if something happened to you?, damn it shiho Don't do this to me again.

Shiho was shocked  in her place she was so happy for various reasons and, him hugging her and telling her what he would do if something happened to her is one of many.
She smiled and patted his hand: you really missed me huh?
Shinchi realized what was he doing and, quickly broke the hug shiho gave him a strange look that he didn't understand.
And he looked at the flowers in his hand: you really scared us to death.

He handed the flowers to her it was a beautiful bouquet of red chrysanthemums, she smiled when she looked at them. Shinchi was standing close to her bed his hand behind his neck. He looked at her smiling face and his heart was beating so fast, was it because of all that running? "stop it you stupid heart" he felt nervous for no reason maybe because, they saw each other after a long time well, not for him he was always here.

The professor was watching the scene in front of him it was a free movie, he was able to frame that scene in a photo.
he had a smirk on his face when he saw shiho's cheeks are slightly red, roses were blooming in her cheeks.
you might wonder why didn't hakase tell our detective anything about shiho's feelings well, because simply he believed in fate first and, in them second, even though shinchi is dense the professor hoped that one day he will really open his eyes.
Don't get him wrong, he loves ran so much but, some people could confuse a crush or interest in someone with eternal love, and if we dwell on it for a long time we might lose the opportunity of a greater end.
we meet certain people in our life for a certain reason, either to guide us and help us to become the best version of ourselves, or they hurt us and leave us with a lifetime lesson and that lesson doesn't have to be painful it could be an experience that teach us to be better for when we finally fall in love  we will be ready for it.

Shinchi excused himself to get some water and, shiho was pondering the flowers in front of her
"Red Chrysanthemums, they symbolize passion and love" said hakase.

Shiho looked at him smiling sadly "i bet you he doesn't even know what do they mean"

"It literal meaning is, I love you"

The hope in shiho's heart is getting bigger and bigger, she felt like she was about to explode with every small detail happened since the morning, she felt like the world was giving her signs to gather her courage and tell him this time that she loves him.
For the first time shiho stopped thinking about the consequences, she wanted to think about herself and him, She wanted to be reckless.

Shiho glanced to the door and shinchi hasn't come yet so, she looked at the professor and decided to tell him what she was planning to do: hakase, I.. I think I'm gonna tell him.

Hakase looked at her exclamation marks was all over his face: tell him what?

She hesitated a little bit : you know, that.. that i love him.
Hakase at first didn't hear her right then his eyes were slowly widening and, his lips little by little opend and he smiled at her and jumped in his place, I guess you could tell that hakase was their number one fan since day one?

Shinchi came and saw hakase jumping so he joined him: what are we excited about professor?

Hakase stuttered and scratched his head: ah well, the doctor told us that shiho soon will be able to leave the hospital, now excuse me Mother Nature is calling.
Hakase intended to leave them alone, after all it was a special moment.

Shinchi was confused and looked over to shiho, who her hand was covering her mouth and giggling.

he noticed that she looked different he tried to know what has changed in her in these two months , he couldn't tell, it wasn't an external change but internal one, she was glowing almost blinding him , you know this feeling when someone you always look at but you never really looked at them and suddenly one day you focus and you feel like they look different. they're radiating and glowing? That's how shinchi felt.

He felt like something inside him flipped when he heard her little laugh, his heart was beating and he felt like the temperature was raising in there "what's happening to me?"
He grabbed the chair closer and sat on it, and unbuttoned the first two buttons of his shirt and started fanning himself : it's getting hot in here don't you think?

Shiho looked at him and was smiling: no it's actually..... cold
She saw the ring on his finger Shinichi noticed where she was looking he quickly hid his hand behind his back why did he do that? As if he was caught while doing something bad: oh

: should We say congratulations?

So I guess you can tell i love slow burns?? 😂

Sending love to you all, wherever you might be💙