Chaos

"What are you? A chaos."

The day where shiho is departing this country has arrived, and it happens to be the same day that shinchi and ran will celebrate their engagement.

"When is your flight?" Asked the professor as they sat in the kitchen eating breakfast
"Tonight at 11pm"

"But you need to come to the party, shinchi will get mad if he didn't see you" told her the professor with concern

"I will come, after all I'm his partner, I must witness his happiness" she said simply

"Are you happy to go?" Asked the professor with sadness shown on his face

"I have to be honest with you hakase, I can't wait to go" she said but when she looked at the professor's face

"You will leave your old man alone" he said as his eyes began to water

"Don't say that, I could never leave you, you're my dad hakase" she said as she hugged him

Now that she thought of it, she doesn't want to leave hakase behind her, how could she?

She looked at the man she was hugging 'if it was in the past, I would have left without a care in the world but, now I have people I care about, I used to think that the world was unfair but now that I have realized how blessed I am, to be this man's daughter ..'

"Hakase" she said in a low voice

"Hmm?" He said as they were still hugging each other and their eyes closed.

"I love you so much, you are the greatest dad" she said as one tear escaped her eyes.

He hugged her tighter, as if he want to hide her from the world
"And I love too, you are the greatest daughter"

The two decided to spend the day in peace together.

Meanwhile....
In the house next door the place was like a battlefield, shinchi was running here and there from his mother who started a cleaning attack, since she stepped foot in the house.
"This house is so filthy, did you ever bring a cleaning lady for even once since we left?" Asked his mother as she was cleaning the table and ushering the other cleaning workers to start cleaning.

Shinchi answered her as he was lying on the couch next to the fireplace with a book in his hands "not really, I was too busy"

He looked at his watch and stood up and headed to the door
"Where are you going? The party is about to start in a few hours"

"To get a fresh air" and with that he left
'I'm suffocating' he whispered

"I wonder if you're regretting what you did seen chan" his mother whispered to no one in particular

The sun was about to set as shinchi walked without a destination.

December snow started to fall, and the wind risen again.
He walked.. and walked... and walked.

his eyes empty and and the prints of his shoes are shown on the white clear snow.

breathing a little bit in a heavy way, trying so hard to drag the fresh air into his lungs, and his right hand in a fist and hitting his chest
"It seems as if I can't take a breath"

Finally he sat on a bench in an empty garden, no one was there but him, the trees were dancing with the wind, and the swings too, the birds were returning to their nests and so is everyone else.

It was a peaceful moment, but he didn't know if he should feel happy about it because, in that very peaceful moment he was able to hear his thoughts, and his beating heart and he was scared of that.

There was a loud noise behind him ... the noise of steps ... someone is coming
"I knew I would find you here"

"Mum turned the house into a battlefield, I needed to get out of there" he told his detective friend

"Are you ready? For tonight?" Heiji asked

Silence met his question

"Come on it's your night, you need to get ready" heiji said in a fake excitement

"Right" he stood up slowly as if he was carrying a heavy stones, his steps close to each other and heavy
As he and his friend arrived to the house, he stopped to look at their neighbor's house ..

'I don't know why, between all these feelings I'm going through right now, the feeling to see shiho's face  is overpowering everything'

He took one step to the house next to them but, his steps hesitated

"Seen chan, what are you waiting for? The party is already started go change quickly" came his mother's voice.

He sighed and headed inside to change

Mean while in the house next door hakase and shiho had a nice peaceful day together as a father and daughter, they did what they do everyday but, this time they appreciated every little thing together.

It's funny, how we appreciate the things we do or have in a normal day, when we lose them.

And after that, they had their daisy tea in the warmth of their living room and talked to each other.

"So, you didn't tell him you're leaving?" Asked hakase after hesitation.

"Not yet, I didn't find the chance to tell him" she said as she smelled the tea, and her eyes closed.

"Are you going to tell him in the party, he deserves to know shiho"

"I don't know, let's get ready we will be late, I'll choose for you what to wear" she said trying to change the topic

He stood in front of the mirror, there was no light coming except from the night stand that made him able to see his reflection.

He had his black suit on, and his hair was trimmed and sleeked back

"The day you used to dream of has finally come, why aren't you happy" he asked his reflection, as anger is shown on his face, he waited there, as if he expected an answer in return.

He lost hope of his reflection and walked toward the window where he can see his neighbor house he stood there for a while waiting ...

"There's no need to search for the answer, it has always been in front of me, I'm just to scared to face the reality and too scared to break Ran's heart.... I wonder if you knew about it shiho.... That the answer has always been you"

"Yaa kodu, I've been calling you why didn't you answer?" Asked heiji

"Sorry, my thoughts are elsewhere"

'And I know where are they' heiji thought, with a small smile on his face.

He somehow was able to understand shinchi, not because he was his friend but, he looked at the subject from another perspective, shinchi has always seen ran as a woman other than his mother, and ran have been with him since they were children, it's normal for things to get complicated, besides shinchi and ran doesn't really know what love really mean, actually not a lot of people know, and that's why love is complicated and rare.

"I'm ready let's go downstairs, or my mother will kill us" shinchi said as he closed the window after one last look at the professor's house.

'But everyone must wake up one day' heiji thought as he saw his friend heading downstairs where the party is.

"But the problem is, when you wake up too late"

Hello.
As you can see I made shinchi realize his feelings here because it just makes sense 🦦