Aconite

Shinichi and ran were on their way to the flower shop, and Ran decided to ask him about his friend, maybe she could get some answers :so, Shinichi tell me about shiho san

Shinchi was driving: what do you want to know? She's just a friend

Ran: tell me anything what is she like? What do you like in your friendship with her?

Shinchi was quite for a minute: well she's smart very smart, even though it annoys the hell out of me sometimes but I like it when she challenges me when we discuss topics, she likes to say her opinions and what she believes in, most of the time she disagrees with me , she likes Sherlock Holmes too but, she doesn't admit it I don't know why, she's so sarcastic but she really cares about others more than herself, she's so loyal and sacrificing and that really gets on my nerves sometimes because, how could she put herself in danger? , she's unpredictable I would say she's the hardest mystery anyone could face but, if she heard me she would say "stop speaking about me as if I was a case waiting for you to solve".

Shinchi chuckled as he imagined shiho saying that to him, and kept talking and talking about his partner and, ran was getting jealous more and more, how could shinchi know all of this about shiho? Deep and personal details that even shiho might not notice about herself, yes he's a detective and he pays attention to everything but, that was too much, sure he knows a lot about ran her favorite color her favorite sport, books, places he knew what any friend or boyfriend would know, she was jealous because she saw how shinchi and shiho were so similar yet so different they understood each other so well.

They entered the flower shop and Shinichi looked around for a while while ran was on the phone talking to sonoku, and whispering so the detective won't hear them.
Ran:sonoku, I'm telling you i have that feeling that I will lose shinchi to her someday.

Her friend on the other line encouraged her : ran don't be stupid, I'm with you we will finish her before she could even think about taking him from you besides, he's your fiancé on your finger something as a warranty every time she tries to even look at him you stick that ring to her face, now where are you ?

Ran: we came to a flower shop, he wants to get her flowers

Sonoku: and you went with him? Exactly How many flowers dose he intends to give her?

Sonoku was ran's best friend they knew each other as long as they could remember, and the first impression you could get from sonoku is that she's a snobby rich girl with a squeaky voice, but one more thing you could know about sonoku is that, she was a loyal friend and, her best friend ran is a red line, she would kill who make her cry a single tear.
So..
Sonoku was fuming, and she thought ' since he intends on giving her flowers, we might as well send a message' : ran, give the floweriest the phone
She talked to the guy who worked in the shop and a few minutes later he came with a flower bouquet in his hand and smirked to her: this is the one.
Ran looked at the flower, it was a purple, dark purple long flower, and looked as if it was wilted.
It was certainly not a get well soon kind of flower and ran could tell.

Shinchi was going to take the same as before, red chrysanthemums for her but, ran was insisting on the other one
In the car ran sent a message to sonoku "what's with you wanting me to take the bouquet to her?"
: take it i talked to the guy in the shop and told him i want a bouquet for an enemy, Take what he recommended for you it's a small warning she won't even get the meaning.

One hour later they were in the hospital sitting in front of shiho who was leaning her back on the pillow behind her, with her blue cardigan on her shoulders, and hakase who was cutting fruits for shiho "it's nice of you to visit again ran, shiho ran visited befor.." he looked at the plate in front of him and sadness was shown in his eyes "when you were in a coma"
Shiho looked at the old man and held hakase's hand "hakase, I've woken up stop thinking about it now"
Ran looked at the old man and the girl before her, when did they know each other to act this close as if they were a father and his daughter?

Shiho smiled at ran, and noticed her questioning look and answered her "I've known hakase for a long time, he's like a father to me, ... thank you for visiting me, and I'm sorry I didn't know you were kodu kun's fiancé when we met in the forest"

Ran was looking at her she was so pretty she had this aura that allures you and makes you hypnotized "it's nothing, I'm glad you're fine now, oh and this is for you" she handed her the flowers who shiho looked at for a minute and ran was shocked when she saw her smirking "thank you so much"

Shinchi was sitting there between the two girls, and he felt a weird tension in the room they were talking and he felt ran gazes at shiho "what's with ran gazing at her, I mean I know shiho is stunning but that's too much... seriously what's wrong with me I keep thinking about shiho and how beautiful she is .. stop thinking about her stupid brain" shinchi came back to reality when shiho congratulated ran "congratulations ran san, you and kudo kun look perfect together, I wish you all the best"

Ran smiled and raised her hand and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear , but shiho understood what that little move meant so she said "the ring is so beautiful" and gazed at the detective "I didn't know you had a good taste tante kun"
"Ahahaha yeah, it was ran's choice you know me I don't have a good taste"
"I know you suck when it comes to tastes, you're a fashion terrorist"
"Hey, stop being mean to me or .. or I will not bring you flowers tomorrow"
"Hakase will bring some for me right hakase?"

They were talking and forgot that ran was there, she was looking at how shinchi and shiho Bickering , and laughing together and talk about things they only know as if they were in their own world.

"Umm shinchi, i think we need to go shiho san needs to rest"
Shinchi looked at his watch "but.."
Ran looked at him "we've been here for two hours now come on, besides we have a date remember?"
Confusion was all over shinchi's face "we did?"
Shiho almost laughed at the scene in front of her she understood ran was jealous so, she helped her a little "ahh she's right I need to rest, you and ran san should go to your date"

Shinchi didn't want to leave at least yet, he looked for excuses to stay with her, he didn't know why but he didn't feel like going on a date with ran "but... no one will be here with you.. you might get ill later, and no one to help you"

Shiho looked at him and then looked at ran who was about to explode "tell me detective, are you the doctor?"

"Well no but.."

"then off you go, and hakase is here he will take good care of me, now go your fiancée is waiting bye bye have fun"

Ran almost dragged shinchi out of the room "what's wrong with you, why do you want to stay so much ?"
"Nothing it's just ... nothing let's go"

Shiho was looking at the door where his figure vanished behind, a sad smile was on her face "tell me hakase, when can I leave the hospital?"

Hakase felt bad for his daughter "a few more days, hang in there a little longer"

Shiho nodded and looked at the flower ran brought to her

"Aconite... you better be careful with that flower you're holding"

"I know, I think ran san doesn't know that every flower holds a great meaning"
Hakase took the flower and placed it over a table in the farthest corner... just in case

"I agree with you... aconites means hate, a threatening message that says be cautious or simply death"

"Which one you think ran san wanted to send me?"

"I think she's just jealous"

"Hmm Me too"