#12

~Jooheon~

"We tested all his blood values and he's ok, so you can leave the hospital today. Here's his medical report please give it to his psychotherapist as soon as possible. And please tell him to take his medicine in time!" the doctor said and left the room. Changkyun looked at me questioningly. I sat down next to him on his bed and showed him the report and pointed to the sentence which said that he could leave the hospital today. He tried to smile but I could see something was bothering him so I asked him with the notepad that helped us to communicate.

"I'm gonna take you home, okay?"

When he read the message his smile dropped and he looked lost.

"You dumbass, I told you I'm not leaving you alone! We'll get some of your things and then we'll go to my place. You're staying with me for a while from today on. So please smile again, I hate to see you sad!"

He looked at me in disbelieve but when he realized I was serious he looked at me with a huge grin and hugged me so hard that we both fell back into bed. I let out a little screech as I fell back. Changkyun still hugged me so I stroke his head a bit. We sat back down to pack our bags and left the hospital. It is not far from the hospital to Changkyuns Apartment by bus, so I walked towards the bus stop. When we arrived there, Changkyun looked at me in horror and pulled me away from the bus stop like a little child.

That's when it occurred to me! He is probably afraid of trucks and don't want to take the bus! There he stood, his hands rolled up in the oversized sweater, his head pointing to the ground in shame. I took one of his hands, intertwined it with mine and started walking. After a few meters I turned around to check on him. The fear was blown away and replaced by red cheeks. As I saw his red cheeks, I realized what I was actually doing. I'm holding his hand! Oh god Jooheon pull yourself together! My cheeks also turned red and I pulled my hand away from his and looked at him with an apologetic look before turning around to walk again.

It didn't take long before I felt his hand on my arm. He looked at my hand and slowly lifted his head with a little pout. His cheeks were still red when he begged to hold my hand. Damn, he looks so innocent and cute. I smiled at him, took his hand and we walked hand in hand to his home. On the way we stopped sometimes because Changkyun was afraid of the fast trucks on the street. His hand became a bit sweaty and his eyes watched the traffic carefully.

Half an hour later we arrived at his apartment. He opened the door and started packing a few things. I sat down on his bed and waited for him to get ready, like I did two days ago. He looked very busy with packing his stuff so I used the time to look around in his apartment. Everything was very simply furnished. It made a cold impression on me. There were no pictures with friends or family hanging on the wall and no decoration at all.

I almost felt a bit uncomfortable in his apartment. It had nothing personal, no expression and it made me sad to know that Changkyun lived here for at least a year - alone. As my head continued to swivel, my eyes caught on his bedside table. It contained the medicine box that Changkyun had forgotten last time. I picked it up to put it in his bag that he was packing. Before I moved away from the bedside table, I noticed a small music box. I probably never would have noticed it but it was the only decoration in his entire apartment. I picked it up and turned the lever to wind it up. It was the same song Changkyun was humming while spraying graffiti.

This must be the music box he told me about. I turned around to him and proudly showed him my two finds. He accepted both with a grateful expression on his face and put them in his pocket. He closed the zipper of his bag, lifted it up and pointed to the right with his thumb in the direction of the door. I nodded and we made our way to my place - by foot.

To get to my house we walked through downtown and up a small hill. It took us a while to get to my house but I did not want to leave Changkyun alone to get my car and taking the bus was not an option at all. The intimidated almost anxious look at the bus stop at the hospital was enough for me. I wanted to keep everything that triggers him away, to protect him.

I took his bag and with my free hand I grabbed Changkyun's hand which I let go only briefly to unlock the front door. We went up the stairs and I led him into the guest room where I put his bag on the couch. Because I watched him packing earlier I saw what he packed so I opened his bag and took out a pair of sweatpants and a wide t-shirt and handed it to him.

He should rest a little after the long walk to regain his strength, so I wanted him to get some sleep in comfortable clothes. I assumed that he would change in the adjoining bathroom but he simply exposed himself to the underpants right in front of me, which made me turn bright red. I turned around and cleared my throat in panic.