#15

~Jooheon~

A sunray tickled my face as I woke up in my bed. My face felt swollen like a balloon because I cried myself to sleep yesterday. I didn't even know what time I finally fall asleep, but that didn't even matter. I dangled my feet from the bed before I stood up, brushed my teeth and walked out of my room. Should I wake up Changkyun first or make breakfast for us? I decided to lure into his room to check on him. Maybe that was just a bad excuse and I wanted to see him sleep again.

I opened the door to his room a bit but his bed was empty. Maybe he was in the bathroom? I entered the room to knock on the door to the bathroom. Silence. "Changk-" I wanted to slap me for this. Is it really this difficult to remember that he's deaf? I pushed the door handle down and entered the bathroom. No one. I searched for Changkyun in every corner of my house but he wasn't there.

I panicked. What if he harmed himself? Without changing my clothes I left the house to look for him. The garden was empty as well. I walked all the way to his apartment but I couldn't find him on the way. It was time for him to take his medicine so I decided to press the doorbell. But how is he supposed to hear the doorbell? I was worried that even if He's in his apartment he can't hear me ringing the doorbell. Then I remembered he noticed the doorbell as I pressed it for the first time as well so I just gave it a try.

~Changkyun~

The blinking light of my lamp even woke me up through my closed eyes. My doorbell never failed to catch my attention. Even if I'm used to this doorbell it's still weird, because I know how normal doorbells sound and work. Back when I haven't lost my hearing, I never thought about how deaf people notice a person on their door. But now I know. It's a light signal. It took me a few moments to realize that I was asleep and someone rang my doorbell. I wonder how my doorbell looks for my neighbours. They must think I'm partying hard in my apartment. But wait, can I even call it a doorBELL? I mean it's not ringing or something like this... I had to grin at my own dumb thoughts.

Painstakingly I tried to get out of my bed and somehow managed to stay on my own feet. My vision was still blurry as I walked to the door to my apartment. Without thinking twice I opened the door and wanted to close it in an instant as I saw Jooheon on the other side. Suddenly all the memories from yesterday came back to my brain. The first thing I did intuitively was to stare into his face, checking on him. He looks drained. Some dried tears were visible on his puffy cheeks. All of this because of me? It broke my heart so see him like this. For a short time I evaluated if I should let him inside or if I should close the door as fast as I can and never open it again.

But Jooheon was faster. He opened the door completely. His face was empty. I couldn't even tell if he was pissed, disappointed or sad. All of it, perhaps? He pushed me aside, closed the door behind him, turned around and hugged me. And this long hug once again showed me how much I love Jooheon's proximity. I know, it's a short time since we are friends, but he is the only reason for me to go on living. It sounds weird, even to myself, but the way he's looking for me, the way he's giving me all the attention I never had the last few years and the way he always try to make me smile, makes me feel so special to him.

It seemed like he never wanted to stop hugging me so I broke the hug as I felt a bit uncomfortable since I woke up a few minutes ago. He placed my hands on his shoulders and asked me something. I shook my head because I knew he wanted to know if I could hear him. He sighed visibly, took my hand and walked into my room, that was still a total mess. The bed was ransacked, the windows were covered and my clothes were laying on the - wait.

W A I T. Oh my god. This is so embarrassing! I opened the door wearing NOTHING AT ALL! I EVEN HUGGED HIM.... N A K E D! MORE than a short hug between friends! And I'm still naked! Fuck! I rushed to my bed to cover my body with my still crumpled bedspread and looked at him in panic while apologizing with some hectic head bows. He chuckled at my behaviour and wiggled his eyebrows to make fun of me being naked. My face stood out from the white bedspread, I was covered in, like a fire truck.

Jooheon only smiled at me to show me that he's not offended by my naked body. Still completely tizzy I made my way to my cupboard to find some fresh clothes for me. Well actually I would have arrived there if I hadn't decided to catch my legs in the blanket and land on the floor with a loud thud. And as if that wasn't enough embarrassment, the blanket didn't land on me, of course, but beside me, and set in scene my naked ass in front of Jooheon. Wow. perfect, Changkyun.... Could this get any more embarrassing? I decided better not to challenge it.