✶ Chapter Four ✶

Annabelle's POV

I turn to Aslan. "I want to stay, I want to help them." I say with a newfound confidence.

"I am proud of you Annabelle Kelly. Let us make it known to all of Narnia. You may want to cover your ears." Aslan says with a smirk in his words. I do as I'm told and cover my ears, Aslan roars and everything went still. The people, the trees, the wind, even the fires froze to look at the great lion.

"Attention, all of Narnia! Annabelle Kelly has accepted the role of the Great Warrior and as the Daughter of the Trees!" Aslan states, even though he spoke in his normal tone, I could sense that everyone could hear his words.

Tic-toc... tic-toc...

The people cheer and jump around, their happiness increasing even more. I see the trees dancing with joy too. That reminds me of something... "Aslan? What does the role of the Daughter of the Trees mean?" I ask with genuine curiosity. "Come closer child and take a knee, I will show you." I do as I'm told and once again I hear the silence, everyone is watching me and Aslan again.

"The locket around your neck is beautiful isn't it?" He asks. I nod and tell him that your Dad gave it to you when he left. "That locket has been passed down from generation to generation in your family. Your great-great-great grandmother was from here." He says. I look at him with questioning eyes. "Her name was Caroline. She was a Dryad, made from the trees to send messages and to protect small villages. She fell in love with a human and left with him to where you are now, London." I stare in awe, now understanding the meaning of the name as I came from a Dryad, a daughter of the tree. But I still had questions.

Aslan knowing my questions already opened his mouth and answered me. "I will show you what being the Daughter of Trees does for you." I could feel the Narnian's anticipation from there. He came even closer and blew on the locket, it opened and a single petal dropped out, it wasn't dead or dried, it was perfectly healthy and colorful. I caught it in my hand and looked back to Aslan with wonder. "Throw it into the air child and they will do the rest." He said with a smile.

They?

I do as told though. But then I feel it. I feel the wind pick up and you see petals upon petals join the other petal that I threw in the sky. The wind continued and carried them all away. It was a beautiful sight. All the Narnians looked to the sky in awe and amazement. When I could no longer see them I looked away from the sky back to Aslan. He met my gaze and then nodded to me. I was still confused. He walked away leaving me at the top of the hill still in confusing.

And then I felt it. I could feel the trees around me, their emotions, their feelings. I could feel it all. I felt their happiness and the joy and hopefulness that came from them.

I understood what it meant to be a Daughter of Trees. It meant I could feel their emotions as if they are their own kind of species.

I couldn't get the smile off my face. I walked back down the hill to find the Narnians celebrating again. I laughed and joined them. Sharing their happiness, celebrating until we couldn't anymore.

-----

It's been 8 days since I arrived. Every day has gone the same though. I wake up, train, eat breakfast, tic-toc, train again, spend some time in nature with the trees, eat lunch, train, and dinner, and then I sleep to get up and do it all again.

But I won't lie, today felt different. It started off differently too. This morning Oreius came into my tent saying that Aslan wanted to see me in his tent. As I make my way there I say hello to the Narnians I pass by. I know basically everyone here. They are all such amazing and nice people. They have a place in my heart and I won't let this stupid White Witch hurt them any longer.

She's a freaking snow cone!

I reach Aslan's tent and walk inside. "Ah, young warrior, how are you?" He asks. "I'm good! Training is going good and I feel that I'm getting better every time I fight." I respond, smiling. "Good, I wanted to talk to you about something real quickly." He says while turning serious. I follow his emotional change and turn serious too. "The other four people from the prophecy are arriving at camp today and I want you by my side when I greet them. Is that alright with you, Annabelle?" He asks. I nod and as he is about to leave, I stop him. "Who are they? Where are they from?" I ask hoping he'll answer. He stops and only turns his head. "All questions will be answered in time." He said. Wow, that was not the answer I was looking for.

I get to train with Oreius one more time until the Sons of Adam and Daughters of Eve come. I pick up Nightshade and she lights on fire. Yes, I'm calling it a "she." Don't judge. Since she knows Oreius is not my enemy, she doesn't burn him. "Don't go easy on me this time Oreius, I need to be ready for when the battle comes." I say. Oreius nods and comes at me with his sword. After training for a while, I've learned to predict my opponent's moves. I watch him and his sword and his eyes.

Block, swing, dodge, strike, jump, roll left, strike, jump up, duck, block, strike... I could tell he wasn't going easy on me. Our swords continue to collide with each other's until I strike once more, knocking Oreius's sword from his hands, swinging my sword to his neck, not touching it but I could by moving forward not even a centimeter. Oreius looks up at me in shock and I am shocked myself.

"And you doubted you couldn't do this!" He laughs at me when I lower my sword. I hear a horn in the distance. "That's my queue to go to Aslan's tent! Thank you Oreius!" I yell while running away.

I run into Aslan's tent where he is and tells me that he will call me out when the time is right. I nod in acknowledgment. He walks out and I can't hear anything he's saying. But I could hear everything clearly when he started to say, "As you know, the prophecy speaks of a Great Warrior, the Daughter of Trees." I can hear the smile on his face. "May I present that Great Warrior. Come out dear one." He speaks with greatness.

Tic-toc... tic-toc...

I guess that's my queue, I open the tent curtain and walk out.