✶ Chapter Twenty ✶

2 years later

Ever since we got back from our honeymoon, Peter and I have moved into bigger room in the castle for us that way we can be together. Eliza has moved on from being my personal help to being a full-time mom to her twin boys. Just as Peter wished, we get to fall asleep and wake up next to one another.

Today was a very special day because Aslan is coming to visit. I wake up cuddled in Peter's arm and I smile. I love waking up like this. Shortly after, Peter wakes up and finds me staring at him. I kiss him good morning and we get out of bed and dressed.

I am so excited to see Aslan! We haven't seen him since our wedding!

Me and my husband walk out of our room only to find Lucy sprinting down the hallway to us. Her smile brightens up the hallway and I take off into a sprint meeting her halfway. We both jump up and down, both unable to contain our excitement.

"Aslan's coming today!" Lucy shouts like a kid in the candy store. "I know! I'm so excited!" I respond in the same manner.

I hear Peter chuckle at our silliness and he hugs me and Lucy. We all head to breakfast where we see Ed and Susan already eating.

I can feel the happiness radiating off of them and we all sit down and eat, talking about how we are all excited for today. Susan planned a party for tonight in his honor and we all were eager to attend.

I go back to mine and Peter's room to get my cloak as me and Lucy were going to go into town to help with the celebration set-up. But as I go to reach for it, nausea hits me like a bag of rocks and I rush to the bathroom and throw up all my breakfast.

Oh no no no... I cannot be sick! Not on the day that Aslan is here!

But just as I was finish emptying the contents of my stomach, it all went away as if it never happened... weird, it must have been something I ate that my stomach didn't like. Huh, well it's over now so let me grab my cloak and be on my way!

The day passes by with the preparation for the party with Lu, food being delivered, getting dressed and waiting for Aslan to come. I was so eager to see him again!

Everyone in the kingdom gathered and celebrated him when he arrived. He walked through the town, talked to the townspeople and visited everyone he could that wasn't at the party. He eventually made his way into the castle where the party was being held and he greeted everyone.

Lucy was the first to see him approaching us and waisted no time running to him. This caught our attention and I saw what she was doing. I don't hesitate to join her and eventually the whole family is there hugging on Aslan. We all laugh and catch-up throughout the night. I eventually separate from the group so Aslan can talk to them and some more Narnian's. I visit with other and make my rounds at the food table.

As I am walking across the room to talk to Oreius, I feel a pair of eyes on me. I turn to Peter only to see him talking to Edmund. I continue to look until I make eye contact with Aslan. He exits the room and I pick up my speed trying to follow him out. I make my way to the balcony to see him sitting by his lonesome.

"Why aren't you at the party? We are here celebrating you after all?" I ask him with a laugh at the end.

"I will return shortly, I wanted to talk to you alone for a minute thought." He asks looking to me.

"Well sure, I'm not in trouble am I?" I ask with a chuckle.

"No dear one. I have wonderful news for you!" He responds with a smile and chuckle.

"Oh! Well, I love wonderful news!" I tell him with a smile and laugh.

"I'm glad you do. I'm here to tell you congratulations." He tells me.