✶ Chapter Six ✶

Annabelle's POV

I run over to Peter, I can feel the fear from the trees and I can hear my own heart pumping in my body.

Oh Aslan... please don't be dead. Please be okay. I can't live without you Peter...

The tree lowers the girls to the ground safely and we all run over to Peter. We push the dead wolf off of him and he sits up with shock in his eyes and sweat on his face. He instantly turns to his siblings to make sure they're alright and pulls them into a hug when he realizes they're safe.

"Thank you, friend." I say with a smile to the tree that protected Susan and Lucy.

I get up seeing that he's okay, I get up and turn around. I can't face him yet. He looks to me but I don't notice as the sound of the wolf Aslan had whimpers and runs. "After him. He'll lead you to Edmund." Aslan states. I unsheathe my sword ready to run after the wolf but Aslan stops me. "Not you child, you have other matters to deal with." He says motioning to the Pevensies. I sheathe my sword and slowly walk over to them.

I guess I was going to have to face them sooner or later.

"Why have you been avoiding us?" I hear Lucy say. I'm just going to be honest. "I was scared and I thought that it was safer to avoid you after the whole anger thing..." I say with sadness and guilt. Suddenly, I felt Lucy hug me and I instantly hugged back. I grabbed Susan and pulled her in too. "I'm glad you two are safe." I say with relief, talking about the wolf accident.

"We wouldn't be without you, Annie." Susan said. I raise my eyebrow in confusion. "After you ran off, some of the Narnians who gave us clothes told us about the night you were named Daughter of the Trees. She told us about your connection with them. When we were dangling from the branches the tree suddenly moved and grabbed us and pulled us higher to safety." I smiled so brightly, thankful that the trees heard my call for help. I look to the tree once again and thanked it, a few tears flowing down my face.

We all get up and I'm still avoiding eye contact with Peter. I walk to Aslan and he gives me a look. "You will talk to him after we're done." he states.

Done? Done with what?

"Peter, clean your sword." Aslan says. Peter leaves and then comes back with the sword clean. Aslan tells him to bow and puts his paw on both of his shoulders. I smile, knowing what's happening.

"Rise, Sir Peter Wolf's-Bane, Knight of Narnia." Aslan states proudly. We all smile and he looks back at us with equal, if not more, joy.

I'm so proud of you Peter...

"Now, girls, let's leave these two alone to talk." Aslan winks at the girls and they follow him back across the stream.

"You can't keep avoiding me Annie, which I don't even know why you're doing that..." Peter starts, sadness lacing his voice.

"I'm sorry Pete... I just...well... it's stupid, you don't want to hear it." I say in response.

"Did I do something wrong Annie? If so, I'll fix it. I don't things to be awkward between us." He says pleadingly. Oh Peter, if only you knew...

"When you showed up I was beyond ecstatic. I couldn't wait to hug you or talk to you. I could feel that you were happy to see me too but then..." I stop. I can't say anymore without reliving my emotions.

"Then what? Please Annie, tell me. You know you can tell me anything." He states, gently grabbing onto my shoulders.

As soon as he touched me, my ears tuned everything else out and a phrase echoed in my head, as if it was some weird premonition or something.