✶ Chapter Sixteen ✶

Annie's POV

My eyes squint as I bring my hands up to shield my eyes from the bright light. Why is it so bright in my bedroom...wait. I'm not in my bedroom. I open my eyes to see that I'm still in the garden where I was talking to Aslan last night.

I must've fallen asleep on him before he left.

I sit up only to remember why I was with him last night...

My Dad's gone... he died a hero... oh how is Mom going to react... Mom...?

I started crying, I missed her so much... and now that Dad's gone... she is going to need someone to comfort her and I'm not there. My grandparents didn't care for him so I know that they won't help... Oh Mom...I'm so sorry...

I see a group of Narnian's approaching the garden. I can't let them see me like this... I need somewhere quiet to mourn. And the place I always go for peace is the trees. I out of the castle garden and through the gates, I hid my tear stained face and quickly make my way to the forest on the outskirts of the castle. I run and run until I am in the middle of the forest, I climb into the tree and start sobbing.

I scream.

I cry.

I even cry out to him.

I just want to hold my Dad again.

Peter's POV

I wake up to the sound of knocking on my door. I groan and shout, "5 more minutes, Edmund!"

"Um, Your Majesty, I'm not King Edmund!" I hear I female shout through the door. I drag myself out of bed and I see Eliza, Annabelle's personal help and friend. "Oh, I'm sorry, good morning Eliza." I tell her.

"I'm sorry to disturb you but have you seen your fiancé yet this morning?" Shes asks with a touch of worry in his words.

"Fiancé" Oh how I love the sound of that... but what does Eliza mean?

"What do you mean Eliza? Don't you wake her up in the mornings?" I ask with confusion.

"I normally do yes but she was not there for me to wake up this morning. I wasn't able to put her to sleep last night because she and the Great Aslan were talking so late." She tells me.

"So you haven't see her since last night at the ball?" I ask growing more concerned by the second.

"No Sire, that's when I thought that she had come here for you or something but it seems I am wrong..." Eliza says with worry.

I shake my head 'no' and I call for a soldier to get Oreius. He comes a minute later and tell him the situation.

"I was outside in the garden this morning to see the sunrise and I saw her asleep in the garden, she is no longer there so I assume she is getting ready for breakfast currently, maybe washing herself in the stream?" He says.

"That sounds like something she would do..." Eliza adds.

I nod and agree. She is one to "be with nature" a lot.

"If she does not appear by the time breakfast is over, let me know and we'll start looking for her. I know Annabelle and I know that she can easily loose the time. There is no cause for concern right now." Oreius says and walks away back to his soldiers.

Eliza goes back to Annie's quarters and prepares her clothes for the day as I go back into my room. I grab my clothes and my sword and put them on preparing for breakfast. I walk to the dining hall and greet everyone along the way there. They offer their smiles and wishes for a good morning.