✶ Chapter Thirteen ✶

Annie's POV

After raiding the food table, I start to walk around looking for someone in particular.

"Oreius!" I yell while waving. He finds me and smiles to me. I run and hug him like a daughter would to her father. We share laughs and he leads me over to the side of the room, away from the crowd. "Is everything alright?" I ask, looking him in the eye.

"I just wanted to tell you something, away from everyone." He tells me. I look at him and cock my head in confusion.

Am I in trouble...? What ever it was, Edmund started it!

I look into his eyes and see tears start to form. "I am so proud of you Annabelle, you haven't been here long and you've somehow learned so much already. You have saved a kingdom and became a Queen. You are so special and I never want you to doubt that, okay?" He says with tears in his eyes.

I nod my head and smile pulling him in for a hug. I laugh slightly and return the embrace. I pull out of the hug and look him in the eyes once more.

"You know, Oreius, you were there for me the entire time. You taught me how to be fearless and you taught me how to be strong. None of us would be here if it wasn't for you and for your teaching." I say with love. "And even thought I haven't been here long, I like to think of you as a father figure. I know I have one already but since he's not here... well... you have always supported me unconditionally just like a father would do. You're family to me and I love you." Tears form in my eyes and Oreius smiles at me.

"You are family to me too, Annabelle. And I think of you as a daughter too. And I would like to be here for you all the time. Whether you need war strategies or someone to hold you, I will be there, always." He tells me with love in his words. "Now, get back out there and be the Queen you were always meant to be." He pats my head with a smile. I smile back and return to the crowds of people celebrating. I find a group of fauns and start talking to them, they tell me that they are so happy to be celebrating once again.

After a while of talking and laughing, Lucy comes over to me.

"Annie! Annie! Come quick!" She says with a laugh and a mischievous smile. I excuse myself from the group of fauns I was talking to and go over to her. She points to the corner of the room where I see Oreius talking to Peter.

Peter's POV

I am glancing over the crowds looking for Annie when I see Oreius wave me over. I walk over to him with a smile and he pulls me to the side.

"Is everything alright, Oreius?" I ask. He seems to have tears in her eyes. "Oh my! What happened!" I say a little scared because it's Oreius... and Oreius doesn't cry...

"Can I ask you a personal question, Sire?" He questions, looking in my eyes. "Yes of course," I respond, "but please just call me Peter. I owe everything to you Oreius." And it was true. I did owe everything to him. He taught me everything from strategies to swordsmanship and helped me when I didn't think I could do it myself.

"I just had a conversation with Annabelle and we agreed on something. And because of that I would like to ask you some questions." He says while stiffing up, becoming protective of something.

"Ask away my friend." I respond, wondering what he and Annie agreed on.

"Do you love her?" He asks looking me straight in the eye. I know he is talking about Annie but I've seen that look before. That's the look that Dad gave that boy who Susan brought home that one time... what's going on? I quickly push that thought away and focus on the question that's at hand, and I know exactly how to respond.