✶ Chapter Fourteen ✶

4 Years Later

Annie's POV

I am so excited for today! It's my birthday!!!! Happy 23 to me!!!

I jump out of bed and put on my dress that I had specially made for me. It was made so I could carry my sword but it was concealed. Eliza had to help me into it, and that was a struggle. But I looked beautiful so it was worth the effort! 

I go to leave after getting ready (with Eliza's help) and right before I leave, she wishes me a happy birthday. I rush into the hallways and pass people with a large smile, everyone wishing me a good birthday. As I walk, I fiddle with my locket because I have to do something with my hands because I'm so excited.

I walk to the throne room to find everyone already there. Lu is the first to notice me. She bolts out of her throne to come and hug me. "Happy Birthday Annie!!" She screams, grabbing everyone's attention. Edmund and Susan hugged me at the same time and Ed kissed my cheek like he always does. Mr. Tumnus and the Beavers were there too! Oreius has been out on a mission that past few months so he can't be here. They hugged me and they all then back away leaving me with Peter. 

"Happy 23, my love." He tells me with a smile. I go up and kiss him, unable to contain my excitement for the day. I pull back and jump in excitement. "AH! I'm so looking forward to today, they cleared all of our schedules today so we could be together!" I exclaim. Suddenly, they all look to Susan. "You wanna tell her?" Ed asks. I look to her in confusion, hoping that it's not bad news.

Please don't let it be bad news...

Susan suddenly smiles and that calms my nerves. "We are going to have a ball tonight for your birthday!" She exclaims, jumping up and down. I return the excitement as I love balls. 

Lucy then adds to my excitement. "Susan's birthday present to you was having a special dress made for you to wear!" she tells me looking at Susan at the end. I thank Susan and hug her once more. I have the best best friend in the world!

"We set up a picnic lunch for all of us and that's where we'll do presents!" Ed tells me. I spin in circles and celebrate while the Pevensies laugh at my silliness. 

YES I LOVE PRESENTSSSSSS!!!!

-----

We're all having lunch in the castle garden and the weather is just... perfect. We are all laughing and smiling. I'm sitting next to Peter, his arm around my waist. Ugh this is day is already so perfect. The only thing that I wish I could change is if Oreius and Aslan were here. 

"Alrighty I can't wait anymore! I wanna give you my present!" Lucy speaks up over the laughter. She reaches into the picnic bag and pulls out a medium sized box. She hands it to me and giggles in excitement. 

I take no time and open the box to find a beautiful silk night gown to sleep in. "Lucy, this is so beautiful! AND SOFT!" I thank her and pull her into a hug. "I know you only have the one nightgown so here's another one!" She laughs.

 "I know you only have the one nightgown so here's another one!" She laughs