✶ Chapter Five ✶

Third POV

Peter, Susan, and Lucy and the Beavers all stood outside Aslan's tent. "May I present that Great Warrior. Come out dear one." Aslan says. Everyone turns their eyes to the entrance of the tent. The curtain opens and Annabelle Kelly, the Great Warrior, Daughter of the Trees, emerges and stands beside Aslan. The Pevensies freeze. Annabelle continues as she has not looked up to notice them. She looks out when she stops beside Aslan and freezes when her eyes land on the the people before her. 

Annabelle's POV

Peter. Susan. Lucy. Oh my Aslan. They're here! 

"Annie..." Peter says with disbelief and awe in his voice. He does not want to wake up and have it all be a dream. He cannot loose her again. He looks to Susan to find her staring at her too in disbelief as well.

"We'll don't just stand there! Come on!" Lucy says as she runs towards me. 

I am in tears at this point, I can't believe they are here. Lucy makes it to me and I wrap her in a hug. Susan runs and joins me and Lucy in the hug. I hug them as if I hadn't seen them in a thousand years.

"Oh, I missed you guys so much! How are you here?! When did you get here?! Oh! It doesn't matter anymore, it just matters that you're here!" I let go of Susan and Lucy and they know exactly what I'm thinking. 

Peter. Peter Pevensie. 

We look each other in the eye. We both waste no time and run to each other. We wrap our arms around each other gripping to one another as if the next moment they were gone. "I can't believe you're here too!" He says to me with a smile and his eyes with tears. "How long have you been here?" He asks. "Around 10 days I think. But that doesn't matter, I missed you so much Pete. You have no idea..." I look down to see my tears on his shirt. "I think I'm making a habit of having my tears on your shirts." I say laughing, pulling out of the hug, but not out of his arms. I look up to see him smiling and the tears in his ears, happy tears. I don't care about the crowd around us. Peter felt different though. He looked around and saw everyone staring at him and me. He let me go and stood up straight, wiping the tears from his eyes and taking a few steps back. 

This action rather hurt...does he not want to be seen with me? 

I lowered my head and my shoulders drop in disappointment and sadness. I see the girls look at me with the eyes that say 'I'm sorry' but it doesn't help the way I feel. 

Tic-toc...tic-toc...

Just as Peter did, I straighten up and put up my defensives. I go back to Aslan's side and he gives me his "all-knowing" eyes. He knows that I love him and that his actions hurt me. He quickly changes the subject so that I no longer have to think of it.  

"Where is the fourth?" Aslan asks. What? I look around and realize that I was so into the moment that I didn't notice Edmund wasn't there. I look right to the Pevensies and see the guilt and sadness rush to their faces. 

Oh no. Is he okay? Is he dead? Oh dear Aslan...

"That's why we're here, sir. We need your help..." Peters says. "We had a little trouble along the way." Susan adds. "What did Ed do this time?" I say under my breath, thank Aslan no one heard. 

"Our brother's been captured by the White Witch." Peter explains. I stop breathing for a second. Even though I've only been here for a week, I know that few people escape the Witch, if any. I know that she is a murderer and a sociopath. But. I can sense that Peter blames himself. I want to tell him it's not but I know that he won't listen.

"Captured? How could this happen?" Aslan asks. 

"He...betrayed them, your Majesty." Mr. Beaver tells us.