𝑿𝑰𝑽

Third P.O.V
Italics — flashbacks

"Shinsou, who is...Neito?"

The vintage teacups on the silver tray fell and the glass shards scattered on the carpet floors.

Kaminari jumped at the sudden loud noise. "Shinsou! Are you okay?"

Shinsou barely responded and bent down to pick up the glass shards on the floor. The blonde quickly got up and stopped the lilac-nette from doing so and grabbed a hold of his hand. Seeing how shaky and disoriented Shinsou was, Kaminari didn't want him to pick up the glass in that state and injure himself badly. The older stared at the younger and didn't say anything.

"Don't touch those," Kaminari said. His hands moving the other's away from the shards and close to his body. "Just go sit down and wait for me. I'll pick these up just go sit down"

Shinsou kept his mouth closed and followed the blonde's orders, sitting down on the sofa and pressing his back against the soft material. His mind was clouded with agonizing thoughts and he felt as if he had just been robbed of his air—his chest aching painfully.

Kaminari carefully grabbed the shards of glass piece by piece and placed it back on the tray. Once he finished gathering all the broken pieces and placing them carefully on the silver tray, Kaminari bent down to where Shinsou was sitting and placed a hand on his knee softly.

"Are you okay?" The blonde asked.

Shinsou seemed to have come back to earth and looked at Kaminari's expression. Seeing the worried look on his face and the blonde's plush bottom lip sticking out slightly, made Shinsou's face fell and smile on the inside. He rested his face on his palm and let out a sigh.

"I'm sorry" Shinsou apologized. "I just didn't expect for you to ask that so suddenly it...it caught me off guard"

Kaminari shook his head. "Don't apologize, it's not your fault. I should be the one who does the apologizing. It was very stupid of me to ask about Neito and it's clearly not my business or anything so it's fine"

"No, that's okay" Shinsou reassured and cupped the blonde's cheek gently. His thumb slowly caressing the blondes soft and squishy cheek. "I don't mind telling you who Neito is anyways. Just..."

The older paused and locked eyes with the younger's golden ones. Shinsou felt himself feeling lost in those eyes of his and smiled gently. "...be prepared"

"Prepared?" The younger tilted his head, unintentionally being cute, and looked at Shinsou. "For what?"

"To cry" Shinsou said with a straight face.

"Wait I'm going to cry?!"

"If you have a heart then, yeah, I guess you are"

"Shinsou, I am literally the biggest crybaby ever to exist. If the story you're about to tell me is as sad as you say it is, watch me shed crocodile tears by the end of it"

Shinsou let out a heartfelt chuckle and Kaminari flushed a bit as he listened to the sound coming from the older. Seeing his smile, even if it was small, made something inside the blonde's body churn. Kaminari also laughed a bit to ease the weird feeling and rested his chin on Shinsou's knee.