Part 14

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Fukawa's POV:
The alarm was going off when I woke up, what happened? I run out of my room and literally everyone is in pajamas. A few more people died and two of them were suicides. There are 14 students left, including Togami, Mondo, Gundham, Kyoko, Naegi, Nekomaru, Souda, Ibuki, Sonia, Akane, Mikan, Fuyuhiko, Sakura, and Aoi.

I wonder who it is. All I hear is screaming, it must've been brutal. Chihiro is standing beside me and looks up at me. "Do you know who it is?" He asks. I shrug my shoulders and sigh. "What time is it?" Sayaka answers "Three in the morning." I nod and sigh. "I'm going back to bed." I say

I head back to my room. But then I start to hear screams. Whoever it was, had a pretty gruesome death. I try to sleep but the curiosity is killing me. I get up from my bed and go into the kitchen where Chihiro is drinking tea. "You can't sleep either?" He asks sipping on his tea.

"No." I reply getting a water bottle from the fridge. "This is just awful. I can still hear him." I add. We had deduced it down to a boy, since it sounded like male screams. "I heard he was burned and stabbed from Mukuro. She still won't tell anyone who it is." Chihiro says twirling the tea bag in the cup around. I nod and sip the water in my hands.

I go with Chihiro to his room and we both play Ark until the morning comes. We both weren't too interested in it, worrying who the person is. They'll survive, everyone will. That's guaranteed by Mukuro if everyone of the "Surviving" students choose hope, not despair. But if they choose despair we'll be stuck here, and they'll be stuck in the killing game.

In the morning I go back to my room and take a shower. I still feel disgusted with myself due to what happened. I can't help but scrub until my skin aches. I wash my hair and I start crying a little. I'll never get over what happened to me. It's so traumatizing. But then again it always is for the people who are murdered.

I put on some clothes and go downstairs to the person's room as they are letting us in there. It's Souda. He got killed, but how and by who?

He has burn marks that will heal in a few hours with the special medicine we are given. But, who would kill Souda? He hasn't done anything to anyone. At all. Like he just has this happy aura that anyone can love.

"Hey guys" Souda says softly.

Me and Chihiro help him into a wheelchair and into the room where the TV showing the killing game is. He sits down carefully on the couch and we sit beside him. And they are just now finding his body, Gundham found it. Souda's eyes soften when he sees him in pain due to his burned corpse.

Everyone else rushes into the room with Gundham sobbing. Everyone gasps in horror and immediately starts looking around for clues on how this happened. They all are crying a little. How could this happen? In their eyes no one else was supposed to die.

It's trial time for them, Naegi is looking very confident in the elevator. As if he knows who did it, which I wouldn't doubt it at all. They go to the trial room and start discussing the murder scene. Gundham starts having tears fall down his cheeks. Togami is showing him sympathy. That shocked me if I'm being completely honest. He's really been cold since Yamada's trial.

So all of the evidence gets laid out. "So I have reason to believe it was Nekomaru Nidai, he picked poor Kazuichi Souda and himself to be sacrifices for us in the funhouse." "All right Chillins! Place your votes and save your necks!!"

...

"Correct! It was Nekomaru, in the Funhouse with a flamethrower!!! Now Nekomaru, I know this was for the greater good, but there was a better way to kill him. I mean burned alive is the worst!" Nekomaru nods and they get off to the execution.

The next day they put Junko's dead body in a mask and blew it up, and now there's a trial for that. They convicted Naegi for it and somehow it goes wrong and he survives. He makes it back to the rest of the group and they finally realize who the mastermind is. Junko.

"So everyone, do you choose to keep hope alive, or do you choose despair? It has to be unanimous if it is hope!"

Naegi starts " I choose hope." "Me too" Hajime adds.
Everyone agrees to hope except one, Byakuya Togami. He hasn't said anything yet.

"I originally would've chosen despair when I first got here I'm not gonna lie to you, and Toko, when she was here, she gave me hope. And so today, right now. For my late girlfriend, I choose hope."

So then the final execution happened. Junko went insane. And the alarm beeped one final time.

The survivors were free.